Glasgow Rangers going into administration

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Liquidation?

Surely not. :shock:

Rangers director Dave King fears the club will not exit administration and that liquidation is "inevitable".

In a statement, King said the club's owner Craig Whyte has "abused the loyalty of fans" by mortgaging future sales of tickets to Ticketus.

King also claims that Sir David Murray had no knowledge that proof of funds supplied by Whyte to purchase the club was secured by season ticket sales.

The South Africa-based businessman said the club's plight "grieved him"

From the article it is clear King is not necessarily whiter than white himself (excuse the unintended pun).

King invested £20m in the club in 2000 and is the second-largest shareholder, but has also been hit with a £250m bill after losing a 10-year battle with the taxman in South Africa.

In his statement, King said that he intended to continue his involvement with the Glasgow club in conjunction with Paul Murray and had approached the Scottish Football Association to approve him as a "fit and proper person" to be in a position of control at Ibrox.

Dec 7, 2006
Have I missed something here? King is convinced Rangers will go under but is still banging on about being involved with a re-construction of the club - at least, I think that's what he's saying. If they DO go titzup then they must surely lose their SPL place and have to start again from the bottom (wherever that is in Scotland)? As for them joining the English league, not bleddy likely. The last thing we need down here is their exporting the poisonous religious biggotry and claptrap that surrounds the Big 2 north of the border. :mad:

FordGreen":ak0u14qd said:
Have I missed something here? King is convinced Rangers will go under but is still banging on about being involved with a re-construction of the club - at least, I think that's what he's saying. If they DO go titzup then they must surely lose their SPL place and have to start again from the bottom (wherever that is in Scotland)? As for them joining the English league, not bleddy likely. The last thing we need down here is their exporting the poisonous religious biggotry and claptrap that surrounds the Big 2 north of the border. :mad:

Yawn.

Rangers have been assured that they will still be able to play in the SPL post liquidation but will have three years of penalties. The Rangers support in general favour a move to the third division and work their way back up again to the SPL.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
From what I've heard the players agreed to the pay cuts but when it came to signing agreements their advisers/agents refused until certain conditions had been met. Amongst these was for players to become free agents at the end of the season in return for signing/deferring which I don't think is too unreasonable. Administrators - they want it all ways!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Rangers' Craig Whyte has been deemed "not a fit and proper person" to own a football club following an independent inquiry by Lord William Nimmo Smith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17302801

Could be I'm wrong but shouldn't the SFA have checked this prior to him buying the club :facepalm: . At present all fingers point at him and the club - shouldn't some point at the suits or the old fella's in slippers having a cigar in front of the fire :think: