PCH and JS Fall out | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

PCH and JS Fall out

Apr 1, 2009
There was a poster on here in Sheridan's early days (can't remember who) who was very critical of JS, particularly by describing him on a regular basis as a bully. Once Sheridan's results improved this poster dropped this allegation.

I think it's not surprising if Sheridan asked questions about the commitment of the players when he arrived. The Fletcher regime was by all accounts far too matey - perhaps almost inevitably when a player suddenly lands in the manager's chair and has to instill disciple in his dressing room mates. I'm absolutely convinced that a harder, more disciplined regime was the single biggest influence in the upturn. PCH is not the first footballer to have an over-inflated ego, and a regular reminder of who is boss is imperative. If, as alleged, PCH didn't respond to this, then I am happy that he is now employed in Buckinghamshire.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Disappointed to hear this - I was a bit saddened by his departure.

Seeing as this OP seems to have been proved correct by other posters, this has made me feel better about him going!

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
It's a strange one. You would have thought Fletch would have been the first one to chin a cocky youngster, if even a few of the stories about PCH were true. Openly slagging off senior players and management in the club gym (where the public is! ), mocking team selection and starting players to supporters when he is on the bench. Terrible attitude, and to think he brought an ego that size from being at Woking? The other strange thing is he has been signed by Gareth Ainsworth, one of the hardest grafters ever to play in the lower leagues. Not exactly a mentor-prodigy match made in heaven.

May 1, 2007
ejh":3br16hc3 said:
It's a strange one. You would have thought Fletch would have been the first one to chin a cocky youngster, if even a few of the stories about PCH were true. Openly slagging off senior players and management in the club gym (where the public is! ), mocking team selection and starting players to supporters when he is on the bench. Terrible attitude, and to think he brought an ego that size from being at Woking? The other strange thing is he has been signed by Gareth Ainsworth, one of the hardest grafters ever to play in the lower leagues. Not exactly a mentor-prodigy match made in heaven.

Attitude prob comes from being at pompy when he was younger

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
lee_wsm":35nnpwo1 said:
ejh":35nnpwo1 said:

Attitude prob comes from being at pompy when he was younger

Pompous?? :coat:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
RORZ_PAFC":13rjo1xj said:
And ever since then, JS wanted him out! Great to see that JS is moving us away from the 'Pretty football will win us the league' approach, and is putting together a team that will put in 110% to grind out results. :scarf:
I don't know about that. Sheridan's Chesterfield side was regularly described as the best footballing team ever to win this league so pretty football has certainly won JS the league before. I agree about it being good that he's trimming the squad down to those of unquestionable attitude though but I don't think that's for a moment incompatible with entertaining football or that we'll only have to grind out results.

W

Wilfredo

RORZ_PAFC":2p62pghm said:
I have been talking to someone within Wycombe, and according to him, PCH only had bad things to say about JS!!

Apparently, Carl Fletcher was a ledgend, and JS was a knob from the moment he came in!

The first training session JS asked the players where and how they play. When PCH was asked if he is willing to put in 110% every week, his response was "No, I will run around for you and I am good on the ball but I won't put in more effort then I need to."

Apparently, JS has really come down hard on the players and expects them to put in 110% every week, which does not seem to bode well with PCH. He seemed to prefer Fletcher's 'Do what you want, we are all friends' approach.

And ever since then, JS wanted him out! Great to see that JS is moving us away from the 'Pretty football will win us the league' approach, and is putting together a team that will put in 110% to grind out results. :scarf:

To PCH I say - Good riddens!!! :wave:

What a load of b*llocks

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If he was half as good as he thought he was he would still be twice as good as he really was. :scarf: :scarf:

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
GreenSam":80b2a1by said:
RORZ_PAFC":80b2a1by said:
I don't know about that. Sheridan's Chesterfield side was regularly described as the best footballing team ever to win this league so pretty football has certainly won JS the league before. I agree about it being good that he's trimming the squad down to those of unquestionable attitude though but I don't think that's for a moment incompatible with entertaining football or that we'll only have to grind out results.

Wasn't that side nearly 15 points off Sturrock's 102 points?

Best side my foot - not even as good as Kinnear's Luton!

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Who can objectively decide that? Is there a League Two invigilator who doesn't have a team to follow, who just watches top Div 3/League Two sides to say who the best team was.

16 points short of Argyle and a few less than Kinnear's ferociously attacking Luton side.... sorry, that is way too considerable distance to finish behind a team, and yet claim to have been better than.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Good point. I suppose the point I was making, somewhat laboriously was that you CAN win the league playing pretty football. See Swindon and nearly Luton too.

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

to the earlier poster you can put in more than 100 per cent.

if your standard required hours are 9 to 5 but you choose to work 8 till 6 then you are putting in more than 100 per cent.

in modern football terms all players are measured for the distance they run every game.if the standard player puts in say 8 miles and that is quite acceptable the manager could say to each player I want to see 9 miles.that would be more than 100 per cent of the benchmark 8 miles.