Mike Pengelly. R.I.P. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mike Pengelly. R.I.P.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Supporters like Mike are the backbone of the club. Always a perfect gentle soul. Will seem odd not to see his smile, even in the bad times.

Just seen the news as I nearly choked on my Sunday breakfast.

We all have our private and personal memories of The Big Fella.

Mine ?

When I first met him at Raynes Park Football Club - 30+ years ago ?

An evening away game at Gillingham when 3 kids followed us back to the railway station and wanted "to beat us up" !!! - lucky it was dark because IF they had seen the size of us..........?????!!!!!!

He moved back to Plymouth

I moved back to Plymouth.

I walked into The Brit one day..................guess who was sat down there in his favourite spot ?

I feel very honoured and privileged to have known him and to be his mate for all this time.

God bless you Big Fella

RIP

Dec 7, 2011
RIP Mike from Alan, Rowena and Beverley.

You were always kind and thoughtful and will be sadly missed by us.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I believe the fans at the fan fest yesterday had a minute's applause for Mike. Today the Argyle Ladies, who Mike often supported, had a minutes silence for him before their match with Forest Green Rovers. Great gestures.

26263471522_6e16655c79_z.jpg

Stunned to read this today after a period travelling. Mike was a huge part of my Argyle supporting life, and would have a beer with him at every game. You could be sure he would always be there, particularly in a short spell I had back in Plymouth when he would be at each and every reserves game. He will be sorely missed.

RIP big man.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just picked this up from a FB page:

Michael Pengelly
Here are the details of Mike's funeral.
It will be held on THURSDAY APRIL 21st @ WESTON MILL CREMATORIUM @ NOON.
No flowers, donations to British Heart Foundation.
To be followed by a celebration of Mike's life @ Home Park, Plymouth Argyle FC.
All friends welcome to attend both.
Feel free to pass these details on. Let's do the big fella proud.....

Mods, if you feel it should be merged with the original thread could it be brought back on to the main forum (with a title change) for greater coverage?

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
I have spoken to Mike's family and very close friends.
The dress code for the funeral is as follows.
Please feel free to wear everything GREEN<WHITE AND BLACK
Lets do the big fella proud.

Jan 7, 2013
It has only just been brought to my attention that this was a guy who I knew and was particularly fond of .. I only knew him by his first name you see. Such a kind friendly person who I spent many an evening drinking with in the Embassey and Britannia between 2002 and 2010, very saddened to hear this news rest in peace Mike. Sincere condolences to his family at this sad time.

May 8, 2011
Just been to watch Argyle play at Bude, Mike had planned to come to the game with me, missed your company Mike.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nice words from Martyn Starnes:

Herald

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
I come to know Mike through the Fans Fest and what an absolutely splendid chap, always laughed at my jokes even if they were not funny and took the time to say hello. He will be sorely missed at Home Park but sure he will have his seat in place with all of the rest of the Argyle fans up there in heaven RIP Mike my condolences and prayer to his family and friends he will be forever Argyle and not forgotten
Miles