✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just got in and seen this, what a shock. Everyone's already said what a great player he was. I can only agree with that. He was a respected player throughout the South West having played for all 3 Devon clubs. He's up there as one of the best in my time of supporting Argyle. A Welshman to boot. RIP Russell. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

I'm not a great lover of the minute's applause as a tribute so if we do something I hope it's a minutes silence.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
RIP Fellow Pilgrim

Great player, oh to have a young fit Russell Coughlin in our side going into this season!!
I remember him once gazing over to the right waving someone (Nelson?) to make a run, without looking he pinged a beautiful ball way over to the left wing!! Sublime!!

What a player!! :nworthy:

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
A very sad loss.

My abiding memory was him being MOM first game of the 86 season - at Bradford's Odsal stadium my one and only trip there. Fantastic player, who could strike a ball with either foot, he and big John Matthews, often made us an absolute joy to watch

Jan 29, 2006
Sad news. Thanks for the entertainment Russell you were a proper midfielder - very skilful & tenacious. Would love to hear any stories John Matthews could tell of their partnership what a duo.

:nworthy:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Saddening news.

Forever proud to see a man like Russell with that energy and class in our 11; as PL2 has said, a fitting remembrance of his contribution and dedication to our great club would be warming to see come Saturday.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
A tigerish central midfielder who was very much the mainstay of the engine room in that side. Very sad to hear of his passing.

Feb 24, 2008
Everyone has already said it. Great player, great team, good partnership with J. M. , strong on the ball etc , etc.
What would he be worth today?
I also recall the game at home to Cardiff (4-4) incredible game in (now , and to be fair even then) awful conditions.
Any youngsters will never know what football and footballers used to be like, live and in the flesh.

R.I.P.
If the club don't arrange something (which surely they will ) maybe a round of applause in the 56 minute .

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
One of the key players from my first season of regularly going, Russell would always have time for us youngsters and therefore even regardless of his quality on the pitch was a huge favourite of mine, and many other Junior Pilgrims I'm sure.

Very sad news. RIP Russell.