Bill Kilroy Green Taverner RIP | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bill Kilroy Green Taverner RIP

Mar 7, 2009
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say without Bill Kilroy we wouldn't be sitting here today with a club to support.

The work he did alongside the other GTs during our darkest hour went above and beyond the calling of a normal fan.

It's been an honour and a privilege to have got to have known him over the last 6 years. Always an absolute gentleman and his straight talking had me laughing more times than I can remember.

An unbelievable man for whom I owe a lot. The GT family has lost its father and I will never ever forget him. His attitude to the on pitch antics was one I admired. Normally after another home defeat he'd turn to me and say "Oh well - Sean is that bar open yet?".

His presence at the FansFest will be sorely missed. Always propping up the end of the bar with a pint of Guinness or a glass of Red - and always the first to give me a poke in the ribs if I didn't serve him first ☺️

A true gentleman and one whom I shall miss so dearly.

Something he once said to me which I will never ever forget.

"There's no such thing as a bad glass of wine"

Sleep right Bill - thank you for everything x

D

Damon.Lenszner

I only got to know Bill during the early days of the GTs. He put his heart and soul and many , many hours into the fight to keep the club alive and for that we should all give thanks. Rest in Peace Bill.

Dec 7, 2011
So sorry to hear of the passing of Bill. I got to know Bill over 5 years ago at the start of the fundraising during the dark days of administration when the GT's started. A really Top Man who became a good friend to myself, Rowena and Beverley.

Bill will be missed by everybody that knew him but his spirit will always remain at Home Park and especially in the GT Suite.

Our condolences go out to his family at this sad time. RIP Bill.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
From http://www.pressreader.com/

Dec 2013

"Loyal support: Bill Kilroy (centre) with the Plymouth volunteers"

getimage.aspx

Thank you and RIP

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
I will never forget all the early away trips we used to do with the lads in both the mini bus trips and weekends away on the flights with the team, happy times indeed mate plus of course a couple of hangovers. You were a true Green Army Legend my friend it was a pleasure to know you. My thoughts go out to your devoted wife Joan son Lee and his family.
RIP Bill Bob

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
A sad loss,RIP :clap . This is the type of Argyle hero that deserves a remembrance more than most we revere.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
argyleapf":2zp5vhzd said:
A sad loss,RIP :clap . This is the type of Argyle hero that deserves a remembrance more than most we revere.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Indeed. I saw Lee at Wembley after he'd made a late dash to the game when watching it with his dad in Derriford wasn't going to happen.

I've never met anyone who didn't love Bill and this leaves the family's biggest drinker as? Tina?

RIP Bill

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
How entirely appropriate that there should be such universal appreciation of Bill Kilroy here on this discussion forum.

Bill was a fine man; and his support for the football club (and by definition for those for whom it means so much) was selfless and relentless.

He truly stepped up to the plate for Argyle.

Condolences to his family, and his friends. He really will be missed.

Feb 9, 2011
There are not enough words to explain the loss that will be felt by so many
R.I P. Billbob we have lost one of the finest

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
As I am not a local, my only contact with Bill was at the FanFest. I don't know him. However, as a Green Tavener, all the work they did to save our club and the people who worked for the club will never be forgotten in our own lifetime.
Another Green upstairs. Sadly it is filling up. RIP Bill.