Exeter City Yes or No | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Exeter City Yes or No

Jan 6, 2004
Metal_Green_Mickey":6gs1kun5 said:
I can now see why Argyle though beat Exeter. For whilst they probably played a better style/brand of football than Argyle throughout the season, Argyle were a much more resilient, battle hardened team.

This may be true overall but that is not why we beat them at home. We beat them playing absolutely terrific football - one of the two or three genuinely top notch stylish performances of the season.

Jul 29, 2010
Not really that bothered either way, Blackpool won't be a threat in their ongoing situation. Same too Exeter, especially once they are asset stripped this summer.

Marginally Exeter I guess, more income and interest surround their games and you just know the bleddy fixture computer would have Blackpool away on an evening or a Bank Holiday weekend again, Exeter is round the corner.

But from a competitive perspective, neither concern me.

Mar 14, 2009
Green_Flash":xd4ohgzf said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":xd4ohgzf said:
I can now see why Argyle though beat Exeter. For whilst they probably played a better style/brand of football than Argyle throughout the season, Argyle were a much more resilient, battle hardened team.

This may be true overall but that is not why we beat them at home. We beat them playing absolutely terrific football - one of the two or three genuinely top notch stylish performances of the season.

Agreed. We were very good that day and even stop Watkins and Wheeler (who was on a terrific run of goal scoring form).

If you look at the way they carved out chances against Carlisle in both games and then remember how Argyle played against them I would say we restricted their passing football much better. Just like we did against Doncaster and Portsmouth away who had terrific home form. It wasn't pretty by Argyle, but as proven it was more effective because it often meant we had a positive result.

I dare say if Argyle had been playing in these playoff games they wouldn't of been as "entertaining" but Argyle, based on this season, would of come away with a positive result. However, credit must go to all four teams for playing in the manner they have. I am really glad Luton went out though last night as that Hylton dive was a disgrace. If we won a big fixture in that way it would leave a bad taste in my mouth. What annoys me more is that he doesn't need to do that because he is such a talented player.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Metal_Green_Mickey":15i6ml4q said:
Green_Flash":15i6ml4q said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":15i6ml4q said:

Agreed. We were very good that day and even stop Watkins and Wheeler (who was on a terrific run of goal scoring form).

If you look at the way they carved out chances against Carlisle in both games and then remember how Argyle played against them I would say we restricted their passing football much better. Just like we did against Doncaster and Portsmouth away who had terrific home form. It wasn't pretty by Argyle, but as proven it was more effective because it often meant we had a positive result.

I dare say if Argyle had been playing in these playoff games they wouldn't of been as "entertaining" but Argyle, based on this season, would have come away with a positive result. However, credit must go to all four teams for playing in the manner they have. I am really glad Luton went out though last night as that Hylton dive was a disgrace. If we won a big fixture in that way it would leave a bad taste in my mouth. What annoys me more is that he doesn't need to do that because he is such a talented player.

Jeez, how lucky we were to finish 2nd on goal difference only in this league and 16 points ahead of your heroes. Stopped Watkins???????? How did Graham Carey do please? Wouldn't have been so entertaining? Was our playoff games against Wycombe so boring (don't worry aside, we almost pulled off a Carlisle from 0-3 down) or how about how terrible our games were against Portsmouth!!!!!! Are we on life support here?

Aug 10, 2006
4 very good game's good advert for league 2 football and nice to see danny hylton get what he deserved nada, nothing, cheat, disgusting.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Spotlight creaming themselves tonight, to be fair Exeter and spotlight suit each-other, both tinpot and amateur.

May 16, 2016
Of course, if they get through the Wembley experience, their Promotion will overshadow ours this Season in the eyes of some.

Despite our poor start.

Good luck to both teams. Not as fussed either way as much as I thought I would be.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge":31y1ccrd said:
Spotlight creaming themselves tonight, to be fair Exeter and spotlight suit each-other, both tinpot and amateur.

There's a few people on PASOTI creaming themselves tonight as well.

Sucking up to people that continue to shout murderer at our keeper and captain. Blackpool want to destroy them on the 28th.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3rotjjpo said:

From what I remember, Spotlight were exactly the same this time last year. In fact Exeter have had to take a big second to The Devon County Show on tonight's show.

Anyway, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw "amateur" stones. Some can still remember the farce of selling FA Cup tickets. :shock:

It's their week. Just get over it.

Mar 14, 2009
Ade the green":1qmdzdhx said:
Cobi Budge":1qmdzdhx said:

Sucking up to people that continue to shout murderer at our keeper and captain. Blackpool want to destroy them on the 28th.

Hardly.

People just expressing how decent a team they are. With Watkins, you have one of the best players in the league. They play decent football.

Portsmouth were a good side. Some people hated to admit this during the season. However, the truth in the end is they finished as champions.

It's ok to talk and compliment other teams, but still support Argyle.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That's a good point re amateur, LC. With the stadium tart-up, perhaps conveniently forgotten at HP.

A lot of hot air gets blown towards 'Super' Simon, little seems to go toward the 'National League' CEO. Makes sense.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Metal_Green_Mickey":eifb0532 said:
Ade the green":eifb0532 said:
Cobi Budge":eifb0532 said:

Hardly.

People just expressing how decent a team they are. With Watkins, you have one of the best players in the league. They play decent football.

Portsmouth were a good side. Some people hated to admit this during the season. However, the truth in the end is they finished as champions.
We

It's ok to talk and compliment other teams, but still support Argyle.

And with Luke, Sonny and Graham we had three players in the team of the year, how about saving some sugar for our team!