May 12, 2008
Plymouth
BillyBobGreen":3o0ftbnq said:
the_corkscrew":3o0ftbnq said:
BillyBobGreen":3o0ftbnq said:
Balham_Green":3o0ftbnq said:
the_corkscrew":3o0ftbnq said:
Keepitgreen":3o0ftbnq said:
Pompey - they'll sell whatever we give them.
Wonder how Pompey will react to not being the biggest kids on the block anymore.
Bradford have sold more season tickets than Fratton Park can hold when full. Pompey ain't the biggest this season

They still are!
Yep only Bradford could come close if they don't go up

Bradford averaged 18000 this season with considerably larger away followings, Portsmouth averaged 17000 in the league below and as you rightly point out are limited by their capacity at Fratton Pk which was sold out on numerous occasions also Portsmouth had nearly 12000 season tickets sold compared to Bradford's 10500
Bradford have already sold over 17,000 ST's for next season and hope to hit the 20,000 mark.

Jul 3, 2013
BillyBobGreen":113kc7g3 said:
the_corkscrew":113kc7g3 said:
BillyBobGreen":113kc7g3 said:
Balham_Green":113kc7g3 said:
the_corkscrew":113kc7g3 said:
Keepitgreen":113kc7g3 said:
Wonder how Pompey will react to not being the biggest kids on the block anymore.
Bradford have sold more season tickets than Fratton Park can hold when full. Pompey ain't the biggest this season

They still are!
Yep only Bradford could come close if they don't go up

Bradford averaged 18000 this season with considerably larger away followings, Portsmouth averaged 17000 in the league below and as you rightly point out are limited by their capacity at Fratton Pk which was sold out on numerous occasions also Portsmouth had nearly 12000 season tickets sold compared to Bradford's 10500

At a cost of £6.50 per game for adults it is hardly surprising Bradford have sold that many season tickets.

Oct 31, 2015
Shankster":qdr4y2fl said:
Bradford give their ST's away! £150 a go, that's what a real club does for their fans

Wow really! Do they have a wealthy backer then to help the business side?
Mind you if you sell 20000 at that price it cant be a bad thing.

Back to the OP Pompey will think they are the biggest and will fill HP. This will be the first game I look for because I like the Guz Pompey games.

Oct 16, 2016
rsp4":5kcq329h said:
Shankster":5kcq329h said:
Bradford give their ST's away! £150 a go, that's what a real club does for their fans

Wow really! Do they have a wealthy backer then to help the business side?
Mind you if you sell 20000 at that price it cant be a bad thing.

No not really. My colleague lives in Wakefield and is a ST holder at Bradford.

Surely to sell a huge proportion at a reasonable price is better than a half empty stadium week in week out. The price of the ticket alone shouldn't be the only consideration, match day revenue includes many other facets.

My ST at Argyle is £357, I pay it so that's my choice BUT I think a reasonable price would be £250, the stadium would be fall fuller week in and week out at £250 a season

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
the_corkscrew":2fxfid9h said:
Keepitgreen":2fxfid9h said:

I think being the big club has hurt us in League 2 the last few seasons. Too many clubs came to Fratton Park looking happy with a draw, particularly in the first half of the season, and it took us a long time to figure out how to break those clubs down. Should be less of a problem in League 2 (although we may just get beaten instead).

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
chave":2rd6ih6d said:
the_corkscrew":2rd6ih6d said:
Keepitgreen":2rd6ih6d said:

I think being the big club has hurt us in League 2 the last few seasons. Too many clubs came to Fratton Park looking happy with a draw, particularly in the first half of the season, and it took us a long time to figure out how to break those clubs down. Should be less of a problem in League 2 (although we may just get beaten instead).
Nobody told you that you were promoted? :)

Jan 6, 2004
For some reason home against Bristol Rovers never really feels like a big match derby. Away does though.

May 16, 2016
Pompey, possibly Exeter, are there any other Clubs that consider us as a big game ?

I was speaking to a Bristol Rovers fan recently who reckons they see us in the same vein as Yeovil. How often he goes or what he knows of other Clubs other than the Red side of Bristol I didn't find out.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":3hlelcst said:
For some reason home against Bristol Rovers never really feels like a big match derby. Away does though.

Being over 100 miles away is probably one reason.

I believe Brentford are closer to Rovers than the Gas are to Argyle but guess what, they wouldn't see that as a special fixture either.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Portsmouth will have the biggest away support at Home Park next season followed by Bristol Rovers and then Exeter if they get promoted...The rest of the away support next season you could put in a taxi.........