Lee Erwin (Signed with Kilmarnock) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lee Erwin (Signed with Kilmarnock)

Jul 29, 2012
Looks to have some skill and decent shot . Wiki indicating has signed for MK Dons but nothing official.

Jul 29, 2010
pafcdje":3d4pl75v said:
Looks to have some skill and decent shot . Wiki indicating has signed for MK Dons but nothing official.
He does indeed appear to have something.

But if he were minded to turn down a proper football club for a fabricated franchise club then I am comfortable with not having him here.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
With the usual caveat about YouTube compilations, he does look a player.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Fear not for Erwin, as it seems that his goal scoring record in League One has attracted the attention of five different clubs. Teamtalk is reporting that in addition to Oldham, where he enjoyed a fine loan spell, MK Dons, Charlton Athletic, Walsall, and Plymouth are all interested in the 23 year-old striker. And while the club has allowed Erwin to leave on a free transfer, Leeds are interested in a sell-on clause for the Scottish striker

X Isle":17bkxwda said:
pafcdje":17bkxwda said:

But if he were minded to turn down a proper football club for a fabricated franchise club then I am comfortable with not having him here.

I don't see many players caring about the history of Milton Keynes if the money is right.

Jul 29, 2010
Bermudian Green":3hy0i6kp said:
X Isle":3hy0i6kp said:
pafcdje":3hy0i6kp said:

I don't see many players caring about the history of Milton Keynes if the money is right.
I prefer not to have mercenaries at my club, I don't want that to be the be all and end all of their interest.

Aug 5, 2016
X Isle":2akssl28 said:
Bermudian Green":2akssl28 said:
X Isle":2akssl28 said:
pafcdje":2akssl28 said:

I prefer not to have mercenaries at my club, I don't want that to be the be all and end all of their interest.

So when you moved to Crawley, it was not to do with the money or a career decision, but the pleasant ambience of the place and quality of life? Of course not. Money talks more than the sea air and good weekend country walks.

If MK Dons offer him just £250 a week more than we do, it's almost certain he will go there.

He will never have heard of Plymouth, or Devon, never played down here, not really know what it's like. He has no playing relationship with Derek Adams. Doesn't have kids in school down here. These factors affected Carey's contract decision - I can't see it for a second influencing Lee Erwin's. But least of all on his mind will be the year either club was founded or the circumstances each was established.

£1000 a month, £12k a year, is a lot to lose just to not play for 'a fabricated franchise club'.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Anything in this more than just we are one of several clubs that have displayed an interest? Don't see why people are getting carried away yet.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
DA's must be somewhat confident of getting him to delay the Dyson deal.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Perhaps.

Or Perhaps Dyson just wasn't the right fit in the end, and DA made a call rather than having him here if he didn't feel it was right. Or perhaps Dyson changed his mind about going so far away. Do we know who ended that arrangement that was so certain?

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":2hdt4vuk said:
DA's must be somewhat confident of getting him to delay the Dyson deal.

Reading between the lines that's the way I see it.

DA scouted Dyson and had the loan agreed in principle, then Erwin was told he can leave Leeds United with the club tearing up a year of his deal in exchange for a 10% sell on fee.

Suddenly we've put Ronald Koeman on hold and DA is asking JB how much is left in the post-Carey kitty to put together a realistic contract offer for Erwin.

If Adams can land this one, we'll have Taylor, Erwin, Blissett and Jervis as our crop of senior strikers. I'd be very happy with that.

Probably a great deal of wishful thinking on my part though.