4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

4 offers on the table for a striker

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
gaspargomez":1402h6t0 said:
A couple of quotes in the Herald from Adams recently drawing attention to Argyle's playing budget. Reading between the lines, I'd say he's slightly miffed that the board don't give him a bit more to spend on his transfer targets.

Yes, its an old theme that DA brings up now and again,so it obviously concerns him as a manager that maybe more money should be spent on his playing budget.In fairness to DA we had the second best crowd in the First Division yesterday,so the support is there and the revenue is coming in.So we should be in a position to sign a decent striker.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
oddball":1poaus1l said:
gaspargomez":1poaus1l said:
A couple of quotes in the Herald from Adams recently drawing attention to Argyle's playing budget. Reading between the lines, I'd say he's slightly miffed that the board don't give him a bit more to spend on his transfer targets.

Yes, its an old theme that DA brings up now and again,so it obviously concerns him as a manager that maybe more money should be spent on his playing budget.In fairness to DA we had the second best crowd in the First Division yesterday,(X Isle and others pay attention,SECOND best crowd)so the support is there and the revenue is coming in.So we should be in a position to sign a decent striker.

Mar 23, 2008
Would be happy with Matt, got the lot for a striker but keeping him fit is the issue. His record and performance's with us have to be the best we've seen for a few years and superior to Taylor who I really rate.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
He has scored 3 goals in 32 games for Blackpool, I don't think he is what Argyle need, plus he is a Blackpool player so it would cost us to sign him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Not if a mutual termination happened

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The Rickie Lambert thing could go one of two ways for him, this waiting game I mean. Either a big club could panic realising they don't have a striker and offer him a pile of money, or he could get desperate at not having a club & accept a small offer.

May 8, 2011
Leon Horn":2y8vz4zu said:
Spoke to a very high authority figure at Argyle yesterday. Lambert definitely NOT on radar.

Perhaps he has heard how hard Adams makes the players train and he doesn't fancy it, the players were all in for training early yesterday morning.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
HC Green":2j8cre49 said:
Leon Horn":2j8cre49 said:
Spoke to a very high authority figure at Argyle yesterday. Lambert definitely NOT on radar.

Perhaps he has heard how hard Adams makes the players train and he doesn't fancy it, the players were all in for training early yesterday morning.

Or maybe he just doesn't fancy it

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Imagine an attacking trio 3 of Jake Jervis on left, Nathan Blissett Central, Jamille Matt on right. All would be 6ft 2 plus.

Combined with two centre backs of Bradley and Edwards..that would be one very very tall and physical side and we would certainly scare a few of these League 1 boys.

Jan 7, 2013
Charlton fans mention a few times on their post match report about how it was like playing a team of giants :)

Feb 2, 2007
clokey84":36mwfs4p said:
Charlton fans mention a few times on their post match report about how it was like playing a team of giants :)

Slight exaggeration but I did think set piece was our one genuine threat on Saturday.