Joe Mason available for loan (gone for a Burton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Joe Mason available for loan (gone for a Burton)

Jul 13, 2006
Rob_GT4":1voffj4t said:
Argy1e":1voffj4t said:
LeonTheGreen":1voffj4t said:
The-Pilgrim":1voffj4t said:
lyndhurst green":1voffj4t said:
Don't get your logic Pilgrim. Players we have never heard of are likely to be young, hungry players on loan desperate to prove themselves at L1 level. Would rather that than Mason who, being honest, has never really pulled up any trees at a higher level, given the opportunity. I personally would rather have two Callum Dyson types, than one Joe Mason.

Fair point, personally I'd rather have one Mason (local boy returning to his home club with a point to prove) than take the chance on 2 unknown loan players. For every Joe Bryan/Craig Tanner/Hiram Boateng (1st time) we've had there have probably been 2 Kenny Cooper/Garita/Nardiello who have taken up wages and not actually done anything.
I think you may be thinking more in line with Derek Adams though and I'd expect us to get in a couple of younger players.

He said about young hungry players with a point to prove.. 2 of the 3 that didn't work out that you just named were both players with experience. I would also argue that Garita was pretty decent until his injury, and just wasn't the same player after. I'm struggling to think of one young loanee we've had over recent years who hasn't made an impact, apart from Luke Croll, who had a lot of family issues at the time.
Tom Flanagan

Yep good one that, I'd put Enoch Showunmi, Johnny Gorman (remember him?!), and Craig Sutherland in there too as failing to make an impact, in fact even failing to remember that they ever even played here. There are also many, many others you could list as simply failing

Do you mean Tom Hitchcock?

Oct 24, 2013
We had Tom Flanagan, a defender, on loan in 2015, played 4 times. Now at Burton.

Tom Hitchcock, a striker, played 8 times for us in 2011. Didn't score. Now at Boreham Wood.

Neither of them were anything to do with DA though!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":1fosjw8v said:
Burton? BURTON??!! Bleddy hell. :facepalm:

Nothing unattractive about that. Championship, very central for away days travelling and training is at St.George's Park.

Aug 29, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":37nyx2m5 said:
Emeraldinho":37nyx2m5 said:
Burton? BURTON??!! Bleddy hell. :facepalm:

Nothing unattractive about that. Championship, very central for away days travelling and training is at St.George's Park.

And the chance to learn a few things about being a number 10 from Nigel Clough

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah nothing wrong with Burton!

The Yellow Army will let him know they love him.

Thirty three of them turned up in Cardiff last night which was better than the 26 than turned up at Home Park a few seasons ago.

I'm sure Joe will love it there.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I think it confirms Argyle could have afforded him as I see Burton's gates in The Championship are no greater than Argyles, But I agree that Argyle's current playing tactics would probably preclude Joe M being as effective as he was at Cardiff. I have not seen him playing for Wolves.

Aug 5, 2016
Mason has no physical presence. His outstanding trait is that clever movement but without the clinical scoring record.

He wouldn't have held the ball up and been able to occupy a back four by himself, which is what DA requires of his frontmen. Jervis struggles to do it and he's 6' 3".

Mason to Argyle was never a good move for either party in my opinion. Maybe Burton's tactics will get the best out of him.

Mar 21, 2008
Quintrell_Green":3v7sxla6 said:
I think it confirms Argyle could have afforded him as I see Burton's gates in The Championship are no greater than Argyles, But I agree that Argyle's current playing tactics would probably preclude Joe M being as effective as he was at Cardiff. I have not seen him playing for Wolves.

Gates no, but I'll bet their budget is considerably larger than ours

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Quintrell_Green":3nvd3wul said:

Since when does a bigger attendance mean a bigger budget? :oops: