Ciftci | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ciftci

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Deacster":14lxcb7k said:
He's good a nice touch and there is a player there but my feeling is that he's not right for us and is too static and lacks the aggression to be the nuisance we need up top.

This.

There is a player there but not the one we need right now. He seems late to the ball every time. However when played directly to him he has good skill and touch. If it doesn't go directly at him he doesn't make something out of it. You might say that is a problem with the delivery to him but we are a league 1 team the pass is not always that accurate so he needs to be both. Blissett has less skill but he is more of a handful for defenders and therefore more useful to the team we have.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

We could really do with Reuben Reid right now. It was disappointing when he left. Right now, it's incredibly frustrating.

You can't fault Ciftci's work ethic in my opinion. However, he's too eager to please, or simply naive. I hope it's the first! Too often he chases tirelessly a pass or two that he has no hope of ever getting to. Yes, it's great to see the effort, but it's a waste of energy and often takes him wide and out of position.

I think there's a good player in there, but would like to see him roam no wider than the width of the six yard box. Stick to being an out-and-out striker and let the midfield chase the ball.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
He's not a back to goal loan striker.
I think that is clear from the previous footage of him and was evident as soon as we set up like that with him as the lone guy up front. It's becoming more and more clear to more people as the weeks pass... I think even ciftci himself knows it. There's only one eejit in the ground who apparently can't see it.

D

Darren Stoneman

Thought the effort and energy last night was the best we have seen, however he not score for 25 yards out where due to DAs awful tactics is where he often picks up the ball .

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Brunt came to watch last night not sure why he wasn't involved with Exeter perhaps he is injured

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Agreed with the original post. But give him time and you never know he might get better. We haven't got any choice anyway we can't buy anybody else now.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Everyone said it was the right decision to let brunt go and whilst Argyle tart him well in giving him a year to get over his injury I winder in the absence of having a replacement whether we should have offered him a new deal
For me clifchi has shown less ability and certainly a lot less effort. I would have rather have a technically struggligling player trying rather than a potentially cited striker not trying . He must have ability because Celtic do not waste money on players but on the showings so for attitude is non league
Brunt however made more than his ability with his effort and lifted other players withbthat attitude

Sep 6, 2006
edengreen":20og52a9 said:
Everyone said it was the right decision to let brunt go and whilst Argyle tart him well in giving him a year to get over his injury I winder in the absence of having a replacement whether we should have offered him a new deal
For me clifchi has shown less ability and certainly a lot less effort. I would have rather have a technically struggligling player trying rather than a potentially cited striker not trying . He must have ability because Celtic do not waste money on players but on the showings so for attitude is non league
Brunt however made more than his ability with his effort and lifted other players withbthat attitude

Everyone? Really?

Jan 27, 2012
monkeywrench":2vam0hsj said:
We miss Taylor badly. He's key to the way we play.

I completely agree with the above. But its a risky strategy just having one "hold the ball up" player like that.

Ciftci looks like he might be a good player in a 4-4-2 system with wingers and a strike parter. Last night he just didn't get the quality service. We missed Carey and I think we miss still Kennedy- two high quality players who can deliver a good cross and get past their markers.

Rickie Lambert is still without a club I think. COULD we afford him, WOULD he come here ? He ticks a lot of boxes. The board need to have a think about the playing budget because the evidence suggests to me that it may not be good enough to survive in league One. Plus if they want people to come through the gate they need to serve up a good product.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Rickie Lambert is still without a club I think. COULD we afford him, WOULD he come here ? He ticks a lot of boxes. The board need to have a think about the playing budget because the evidence suggests to me that it may not be good enough to survive in league One. Plus if they want people to come through the gate they need to serve up a good product.

Thought he signed for someone else, so yes I think we should try and get him, he would be good for League one.