Brent Talks about the Finances! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent Talks about the Finances!

Aug 13, 2011
There's no argument. The football team is being branded as low priority so that in turn is now low priority with me. But I am stating I will support the ventures within the venue. Otherwise I am that muppet, indeed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So money is being diverted into the building yeah?

I see, I didn't realise.

Apr 12, 2016
I think we need to progress with the development of the ground as best as we can to a) increase capacity and b) maximise what non-matchday income we can not to mention the fact that that side of the ground is an eyesore. If you look at Reading, Swansea and Hull City for example they all moved into their new stadiums when their league level at the time didn’t really fit the stadiums they were moving into. History shows that after that they all progressed further than they had prior to those moves and all have since had a number of years in the PL and will probably never be lower than championship level in the near future. In some of those cases they had significant benefactors but the ground and the facilities went a long way to make it sustainable long term.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
gariboldi":3b07lf6x said:
I like ice hockey. And im confident we'd get some shots on goal even if off the side boards. So I may switch. Argyle can wait for me now if I can be bothered. That's fair. I get incredibly frustrated watching them, it's ruining my weekends. I don't need that. I'll be a fan still but in waiting... I won't attend. I don't mind using the flash facilities in the meantime. I'll support them to help the projected team' budget'income to get these better players. That's my pledge and it makes perfect sense.

How about we all do this, yea Argyle will have the money to invest in the team in no time if no bugger turns up :clap:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
gariboldi":3t8tdbdf said:
There's no argument. The football team is being branded as low priority so that in turn is now low priority with me. But I am stating I will support the ventures within the venue. Otherwise I am that muppet, indeed.

I think you need to dilute your wine it's obviously going straight to your head and making to write giberish

Aug 13, 2011
Spelling? It's not jibberish and I'm not drinking. People go out to watch a product and see their team compete. I'm being told directly and indirectly to wait for a decent product on the field of play to be on view as the funds that will be generated from these other ventures such as an ice rink and Grandstand will eventually generate the revenue to fund players who can compete at a higher level. All I'm saying is fine, I can wait too... rather than witness a painful relegation and a probable fight to stay in the EFL. So I'm not going until the funding is made available to bolster the squad. Fair is fair.. It works both ways. I'm not turning up until we improve. I'll use the new facilities at the ground to help fund the team strengthening project currently not priority. That's not jibberish it just means I'm not turning up like a sheep to watch us lose.

May 16, 2016
gariboldi":o6gujvqk said:
Spelling? It's not jibberish and I'm not drinking. People go out to watch a product and see their team compete. I'm being told directly and indirectly to wait for a decent product on the field of play to be on view as the funds that will be generated from these other ventures such as an ice rink and Grandstand will eventually generate the revenue to fund players who can compete at a higher level. All I'm saying is fine, I can wait too... rather than witness a painful relegation and a probable fight to stay in the EFL. So I'm not going until the funding is made available to bolster the squad. Fair is fair.. It works both ways. I'm not turning up until we improve. I'll use the new facilities at the ground to help fund the team strengthening project currently not priority. That's not jibberish it just means I'm not turning up like a sheep to watch us lose.

The classic Plymouth -' I'll go when everyone else goes' . You'll miss out on the oppurtunity to moan about glory hunters and telling everyone that you were there when we were sh8t at the next promotion run in !

Aug 13, 2011
Ha ha yeah. Anyway as in Dragon's Den... I'm out...but when we are good again I can guarantee I'll be the loudest in that new Grandstand cheering the boys on. In the meantime I'm going to brush up on the ice hockey rules.. And support the Plymouth Traders or whatever they'll be called?? ...and yeah, anyone wanting a guide on ice hockey rules I'll be back on this thread....simples. No more Argyle Agony for me!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
gariboldi":3p19vezm said:
Ha ha yeah. Anyway as in Dragon's Den... I'm out...but when we are good again I can guarantee I'll be the loudest in that new Grandstand cheering the boys on. In the meantime I'm going to brush up on the ice hockey rules.. And support the Plymouth Traders or whatever they'll be called?? ...and yeah, anyone wanting a guide on ice hockey rules I'll be back on this thread....simples. No more Argyle Agony for me!

FFS how many posts are you going to make saying exactly the same thing. Okay, we get it... you won't be going to HP again until they're entertaining. It'll be a long wait. Wycombe Wanderers players get off the pitch quicker than you leaving a point.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
anyone wanting a guide on ice hockey rules

Sure tell me all about ice hockey rules, are these International rules, Olympic Rules, NHL rules, Elite Ice Hockey League rules, enlighten me, as being in Canada I have no idea of ice hockey rules. :whistle: :whistle:

Aug 13, 2011
It's similar to football in that the keeper can't pick up the ball from a back pass. That apart I'm actually fairly ignorant of the rules. I have to swat up. I did say. And the other chaps right I said the same thing over and over but only cuz people were challenging the sense of what I was saying. Oh well, I'm tired now. Nite buds. I'll not repeat my boring post anymore. I just can't stomach watching the torture. Most fans seem very submissive I have to say but 5 from 39 pts 2 impossible games to come that's 5 in 45... Ugghh.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It's similar to football in that the keeper can't pick up the ball from a back pass

Please please gariboldi show me that rule. :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

First of all they don't use a ball in ice hockey :banghead: :banghead: , they use a puck, and a player can pass back to a goalie any time, it doesn't happen often, but when they play 3 v 3 it happens more frequently.

So gariboldi stick to what you know, don't invent things.

Aug 13, 2011
I meant puck but of course but OK a flat ball then. But when commentating on badminton they often make a mistake and say ball instead of shuttle cock. That said I once remember someone saying the cock was out and it was avoided from that point onwards by sometimes introducing the word ball. .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Do they puck off in Ice Hockey?

If so, it could be THE perfect sport for you.