Brent Talks about the Finances! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent Talks about the Finances!

Aug 13, 2011
Ha ha.. love it. Joking aside though I'm not going until they put up a product worth watching but I'll help the club by attending the ice rink. If I'm put on ice, supposedly expected to watch crap, Argyle are now put on ice by me. I'm off this thread now friends. Good luck Saturday!! God elp us!!

Mar 8, 2016
boycotting argyle until we are successful? Is this guy for real? If I had that mentality I would have watched 4 seasons in 25 years. We are all frustrated by our results but I couldn't not go until we improve, that's not what it's all about. Each to there own I suppose. It quite funny how you are prepared to invest into another one of Brent's potential business but not the team you supposedly support.

Feb 8, 2005
gariboldi":2vi918ra said:
Ha ha.. love it. Joking aside though I'm not going until they put up a product worth watching but I'll help the club by attending the ice rink. If I'm put on ice, supposedly expected to watch crap, Argyle are now put on ice by me. I'm off this thread now friends. Good luck Saturday!! God elp us!!

If you only go to Argyle when we're winning, then you are not a TRUE supporter, are you, Garibaldi?

You may as well support one of the Premiership teams, probably one of the ones in the top three or four, if you want to see winning football.

Course the problem with that is that they all take it in turns to have good and poor seasons. Will you support Manchester United, or Manchester City, or Liverpool, or Chelsea or Arsenal. They have all had Championship winning seasons in the past, some have won the European Cup, but who are you going to nail your colours to?

Or are you one of these people that flit from team to team, dependant on who is more successful at the time?

I doubt that you could be called a supporter of Plymouth Argyle - you only go when we're winning! But then, you lose something from the game itself. To be a part time supporter must be difficult. How are you going to know when we are going to win? How do you know when we are going to do something impossible? It happens, you know.

I think I'll stick to my theory of getting a season ticket, and supporting my football club throughout the season, regardless of how they do. Argyle versus Shrewsbury is a match that many would say is a foregone conclusion, a nailed on win for the opposition. But it doesn't always work out that way. Football has had loads of football upsets in its time, and this could be one of them. If you aren't there you will miss that experience when it comes along. It may not happen Saturday, but it might just happen, and that's half of the reason why we go. That's what a true supporter does, and sometimes he gets rewarded for it. But then, you are not a true supporter, are you, Garibaldi?

Aug 13, 2011
No I'm fine. I'll go I just has a bad day yesterday. Can't believe I text all that but I was without my medication sorry. Hadn't been drinking. I am a better fan that that. Needed my tablets. Up the Greens.

Aug 13, 2011
gariboldi":1ytegd1w said:
No I'm fine. I'll go I just had a bad day yesterday. Can't believe I text all that but I was without my medication sorry. Hadn't been drinking. Everything is cool now. I am a better fan that that. Up the Greens.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PlymOdi":24s3jwx1 said:
Will all become clear when accounts are released?

I can't wait. Far better than football. Spreadsheets, numbers, P&L..................... :roll:

Aug 13, 2011
It's clear people are getting frustrated like my alter ego last night but we have to stick with it and hope it turns around. I'll attend Argyle and use the facilities and prey we can survive this season. Much more relaxed now I've had my meds. Head was exploding last night. Sorry guys!!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jimsing":1zkzoxp9 said:
Back on topic, I think this is very interesting. Exeter Chiefs built a grandstand for banqueting and conferencing, and they then adapt it for the rugby game when they play at home, thereby maximising non match day income.

Looks like that model will be copied by Brent.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/rugby/exeter-chiefs-chairman-tony-rowe-624031

It's an interesting model and projection but whether it's attainable at Argyle is another matter.

It did strike me that the figures for food and drink would have to be considerably higher than they are at present and as such it would need Argyle fans in particular and Plymouth people in general to spend more time in the Home Park vicinity than happens now. An example is that myself and my friends who go to Argyle together generally leave home between 1400 and 1420 to go to the match. Partly because one of our party works on Saturday and partly because we seem to see going to football as just that. Rush up to football, watch the game and rush home again, I'm sure we're not the only ones either. It is that mentality that has to change with us and the catalyst might be the HHP development which might encourage us spending more of our Saturday mid morning through to game time spending money at Argyle.

Simply put, if instead of going to town and having a breakfast then walking up to HP for the game. If we could get that breakfast in the home park Argyle bar instead it could encourage me and others to stay on and spend money we wouldn't normally spend.

Jan 21, 2017
Isondil, there will not be an extra 5 million in the playing budget, on 5 mil of turnover the net profit will be around 500k tops!

Feb 8, 2005
Ade the green":2jc4ycx7 said:
jimsing":2jc4ycx7 said:
Back on topic, I think this is very interesting. Exeter Chiefs built a grandstand for banqueting and conferencing, and they then adapt it for the rugby game when they play at home, thereby maximising non match day income.

It's an interesting model and projection but whether it's attainable at Argyle is another matter.

It did strike me that the figures for food and drink would have to be considerably higher than they are at present and as such it would need Argyle fans in particular and Plymouth people in general to spend more time in the Home Park vicinity than happens now. An example is that myself and my friends who go to Argyle together generally leave home between 1400 and 1420 to go to the match. Partly because one of our party works on Saturday and partly because we seem to see going to football as just that. Rush up to football, watch the game and rush home again, I'm sure we're not the only ones either. It is that mentality that has to change with us and the catalyst might be the HHP development which might encourage us spending more of our Saturday mid morning through to game time spending money at Argyle.

Simply put, if instead of going to town and having a breakfast then walking up to HP for the game. If we could get that breakfast in the home park Argyle bar instead it could encourage me and others to stay on and spend money we wouldn't normally spend.

It is not the match day income that generates the extra profit, but the profit from the other 13 days between matches that will generate the extra profit that will take us to the next level.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jimsing":2kdutxl0 said:
Ade the green":2kdutxl0 said:
jimsing":2kdutxl0 said:

It is not the match day income that generates the extra profit, but the profit from the other 13 days between matches that will generate the extra profit that will take us to the next level.

I understand that but when you watch Rugby crowds they make the most of a day out and not just the 2hours covering a match. Bear in mind that tickets are a lot more for the rugby and it's a very expensive day but people aren't using that as an excuse not to spend on match day.