Old Firm derby April 7th 2024 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Old Firm derby April 7th 2024

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
What a brilliant game of football this has been. Reminds me a bit of all of our ridiculous high scoring home games over Christmas.

I don't have a dog in the fight, they're two cheeks of the same backside really - but there's nothing like having Chris Sutton on comms to make me want to support whoever he doesn't want to win. So I quite enjoyed that equaliser for 3-3!

Reactions: unhinched
Apr 16, 2016
Never once heard those words pass a Glaswegians mouth ...its all about religion. I agree with GG that most folk who have religious divisions, probably never set foot in a church. I worked in Easterhouse for a while and the estate is (was when I worked there in the early 1990's) divided into protestant and Catholic areas. Don't cross the line .. Running battles between the two groups.
Union Bears ..Green Brigade ..

Apr 16, 2016
What a brilliant game of football this has been. Reminds me a bit of all of our ridiculous high scoring home games over Christmas.

I don't have a dog in the fight, they're two cheeks of the same backside really - but there's nothing like having Chris Sutton on comms to make me want to support whoever he doesn't want to win. So I quite enjoyed that equaliser for 3-3!
Brilliant - if low on quality. I kept thinking how good Whittaker would have looked had he signed and how the Championship seems to be classier football. But it was windy and there was a lot at stake. Was Sutton the ridiculously biassed co -commentator ? If so I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment. What an equaliser - that was the moment of real quality in the game.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Brilliant - if low on quality. I kept thinking how good Whittaker would have looked had he signed and how the Championship seems to be classier football. But it was windy and there was a lot at stake. Was Sutton the ridiculously biassed co -commentator ? If so I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment. What an equaliser - that was the moment of real quality in the game.

Yes he was. He did Norwich v Ipswich as well yesterday and it was just as bad because he's a Norwich lad.

Occasionally I hear adverts on BBC Five Live for 606 with Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage. I literally cannot think of anything I'd like to listen to less.

Reactions: unhinched

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
ps, When I say down here ... I mean down there in deepest Devon as I live in Essex which as everyone knows is hard ... but not as hard as Glasgow

Apr 12, 2016
I was brought up in Dunfermline (life long supporter apart from Argyle) and my mothers side of the family were from Govan (basically Ibrox) with my mother being a big Rangers supporter. In my youth I went to numerous games at Ibrox some of them Rangers v Celtic games.

The games were something else. Your ears would be ringing for hours and so much would be happening on and off the pitch.

The fact is that these games were / are based on pure religious poison and complete hatred. They encapsulate so much of what is wrong about Scottish life. As an older chap I wouldn't consider going to watch Dunfermline play against either of the 'bigot brothers' as I and others call them.

People down South glamourise this tie...I'm just thankful neither of these two are playing in the English leagues and hopefully never will...

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
I was brought up in Dunfermline (life long supporter apart from Argyle) and my mothers side of the family were from Govan (basically Ibrox) with my mother being a big Rangers supporter. In my youth I went to numerous games at Ibrox some of them Rangers v Celtic games.

The games were something else. Your ears would be ringing for hours and so much would be happening on and off the pitch.

The fact is that these games were / are based on pure religious poison and complete hatred. They encapsulate so much of what is wrong about Scottish life. As an older chap I wouldn't consider going to watch Dunfermline play against either of the 'bigot brothers' as I and others call them.

People down South glamourise this tie...I'm just thankful neither of these two are playing in the English leagues and hopefully never will...

The thing is that there's a lot to like about Scottish football. But the gruesome twosome just poison everything. And they really are as bad as each other.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I once drove past Celtic's ground at 14:00 on a Saturday. My uncle was driving and I said oh-oh when I saw people in Rangers scarves walking along the road. As we drove past the ground there were four single-decker buses parked outside. On each pair of seats was sat a policeman and a German Shepherd. Four busloads of police dogs! Every side street was lined with empty buses which had brought the police who weren't dog handlers. We were glad we hadn't arrived there any later in the day! That was in the late 70s and I can understand why they have recently been playing these games with no away fans.