Retained list (confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (confirmed)

Feb 14, 2022
I think it took 12 days over Christmas to appoint the last manager and we have already had 6 weeks to form a shortlist this time. It should be fairly straightforward to interview later this week, second interview if needed early next week and have someone appointed by the end of next week.

That should be the time scale we are looking at because there is a lot to do this summer.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
As well as the first team 3 out of contract, there's 3 or 4 youth players out of contract. Endacott and Jenkins-Davies among them.

May 28, 2015
As well as the first team 3 out of contract, there's 3 or 4 youth players out of contract. Endacott and Jenkins-Davies among them.
Neither of which from what Iā€™ve seen will ever be anywhere near good enough for the championship so I canā€™t see them being kept

Reactions: Moonball101

stevey

āœ… Evergreen
Aug 20, 2022
How can the new Head Coach make a valued judgement on the retained list when perhaps he has never seen the players under consideration in a competitive situation other than perhaps a short form video?
Any new potential manager has had the opportunity to watch games since Foster was sacked. Not every game is played at 3PM on a Saturday.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
I think it took 12 days over Christmas to appoint the last manager and we have already had 6 weeks to form a shortlist this time. It should be fairly straightforward to interview later this week, second interview if needed early next week and have someone appointed by the end of next week.

That should be the time scale we are looking at because there is a lot to do this summer.
The search for a manager will start on Tuesday (tomorrow).

Yes, applications have already come in, but there will be other applications from those who now know which league we will be playing in.

I think your timescales are a bit out.

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
Correct.

If weā€™re offered a sizeable fee (10m perhaps) for Whittaker then we should take it.

Weā€™d miss Whittaker as a fanbase but that sort of money would enable us to buy and/or pay the wages of 4 or 5 Championship standard players.
The 10 million or 8 million after Swansea's cut might pay the wages of several more quality players but not their transfer fees as well.
I think we will be shopping in the free transfer market largely or paying for a young player or two with add on potential. The exception might be a Championship standard striker.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
You can at times shop at Waitrose....you just need to be around at the right time when they've finished date checking and move some tasty items to the reduced shelves ....but you'll have to use you knees and elbows to get to the front of the queue at such times.........šŸ˜ƒ

Feb 14, 2022
The search for a manager will start on Tuesday (tomorrow).

Yes, applications have already come in, but there will be other applications from those who now know which league we will be playing in.

I think your timescales are a bit out.

It's Monday. Why can't they be sifted by Wednesday, Thursday and invited to interview on Friday? How many are we expecting if you can't read 100 CV's in 1 day?

Edited to add - especially when most of them are known names in football circles anyway.
This really shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks including the contract discussions.