Oxford United win the PO Final. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford United win the PO Final.

Apr 8, 2014
Definitely Oxford. The Pizza cup doesn't bother me but done both away days a few times and Bolton fans are just deluded. Singing this is your Wembley outside before we turned them over 1-0 in the FA cup as a league two side when they were in league one and in a lot of trouble themselves just summed them up.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Any Stattos out there, would it be right that If Bolton come up will it mean that next season it is only Argyle, Preston and Bristol City who have never played in the Premier League (and only us who has never played in the top flight)?

Any Stattos out there, would it be right that If Bolton come up will it mean that next season it is only Argyle, Preston and Bristol City who have never played in the Premier League (and only us who has never played in the top flight)?
I'm pretty sure Millwall have never been in the PL.
Yep, it's only Argyle who've never reached the top flight - even Oxford better us on that one.

Reactions: Koala Green
Apr 8, 2016
Oxford for me - they did well last night but not sure they have enough quality for the Championship.

People are fawning over Derby too but I don't think they will do well either - squad is aged in places, Bradley, Hourihane, Waghorn, Collins, Smith, Mendez-Lainge are all 32+ and I'm not sure the owner is loaded like some in the Championship. Think he is more a SH type - ties to the area and not willing to overspend what he can afford. I think they may struggle personally.

Portsmouth seem to have backing plus have been ruthless with their retained list I believe, so likely to have a go and be the best of the promoted teams. Bolton could be similar if they make it past Oxford.
Agreed, would prefer Oxford for similar reasons but would take Branagan in a heartbeat, he looks class. I also think Derby are likely to struggle next season with their aging squad and current manager.

Reactions: Greenscombe

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Bolton fans came across as a bunch of deluded, conceited so and sos last season, so its Oxford all the way for me.
Having stayed until the end, on my journey away from Wembley there were very few people on the train that were not Bolton fans. I found them extremely pleasant, most saying they knew how I must be feeling as their 5-0 hammering against Stoke in the 2011 FA Cup semi was still fresh in their mind. I then sat with several more outside a bar next to Waterloo while I waited for the train to Hampshire and wasn't allowed to buy a drink.

Reactions: Frank the Phone