Liam Rosenior!! | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Genuine question, but is not managing in England before really a huge risk? Pretty much all the top managers in England aren’t English/hadn’t managed in England before. Plus the obvious examples of Cifuentes and Rohl this season.

Championship is one of the top leagues in the world, and pretty much everyone on the planet wants to be in English football, so I reckon we are a very very attractive prospect.

Edit… on your point about LR’s style of play possibly not matching up, I actually think that’s a far bigger risk than lack of Championship experience and the bit I need to be convinced on about him. The new man HAS to be a perfect fit.
Nobody is a perfect fit, in any job, anywhere. A good candidate should be able to tick 70-80% of the criteria. The other 20-30% can be achieved with mentoring, coaching, learning and gaining more experience etc.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It depends if you want an offensive team or not. According to his (previous) chairman the attack philosophy just wasn't there. For me I'd like to see Anthony Barry as head coach, but we will see.

Considering the fact that he’s never been a manager before, where is the evidence that Anthony Barry would come in and get us playing attacking football?

I’m not having a dig or anything, nor am I saying I’d be disappointed with Anthony Barry as such, I just think that appointing him would represent another step into the unknown - for us as fans anyway.

Apr 5, 2008
I reckon he just fell out with the Hull owner. Weren't they in the relegation places when was appointed, and this season gets them almost in the play-offs, then told not good enough.
Unbelievable, probably told the owner to do one and said he was leaving.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I reckon he just fell out with the Hull owner. Weren't they in the relegation places when was appointed, and this season gets them almost in the play-offs, then told not good enough.
Unbelievable, probably told the owner to do one and said he was leaving.
Does that make him a kn****ad then..🤔

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Considering the fact that he’s never been a manager before, where is the evidence that Anthony Barry would come in and get us playing attacking football?

I’m not having a dig or anything, nor am I saying I’d be disappointed with Anthony Barry as such, I just think that appointing him would represent another step into the unknown - for us as fans anyway.
We pride ourselves on data. Data is built up over a period of time, and with IF, there was none. We still went for him not really knowing his management style, his formation nor his style of play. AB could be an absolute master stroke, but he could also be IF №2

Last edited:
Reactions: Emu

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nobody is a perfect fit, in any job, anywhere. A good candidate should be able to tick 70-80% of the criteria. The other 20-30% can be achieved with mentoring, coaching, learning and gaining more experience etc.

Well as perfect as possible. I think the exciting and high-risk football has to be one of the non-negotiables, though I'm not sure how reasonable the Hull owner is being when he says LR doesn't play that way. I didn't love what I saw on Saturday, though appreciate they've been superb in lots of other games.

Basically I'd rather the 'risk' being the new person not having coached in England before, than it being in hiring someone who we're not sure plays our type of football.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
'Exciting and high risk' - it's easier said than done, especially if we don't want to concede loads of chances each game.

And what does high risk mean? Committing men forward (and leaving spaces behind) or playing out from the back (and therefore being subject to the high press). Or do we sit back and invite pressure with the aim to hit sides on the counter through our transitions??

Jul 21, 2011
There must be a diagram out there (xG?) which illustrates the teams as most attacking/defensive.
There are for everything else. it would illustrate where Hull sit as far as most attacking / defending etc.
You know the type of thing I mean - someone find it !!

Mar 16, 2009
London
There must be a diagram out there (xG?) which illustrates the teams as most attacking/defensive.
There are for everything else. it would illustrate where Hull sit as far as most attacking / defending etc.
You know the type of thing I mean - someone find it !!

Hull are 8th in the full season Championship attacking xG table, with an average xG of 1.29 per game.

They‘re also 8th for defensive xG - with an average of 1.10 conceded per game..

For comparison, Argyle are 16th in the attacking xG table (1.08 per game), and 23rd (yikes) for defensive xG (1.52), just ahead of Rotherham on 1.62.

(NB this does not include final game of the season)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
'Exciting and high risk' - it's easier said than done, especially if we don't want to concede loads of chances each game.

And what does high risk mean? Committing men forward (and leaving spaces behind) or playing out from the back (and therefore being subject to the high press). Or do we sit back and invite pressure with the aim to hit sides on the counter through our transitions??

I am struggling to define the main characteristic of how we play at our best. Maybe 'no fear' is a better phrase than 'high risk'? And perhaps the culture around the club is just as important, fun and collaborative over rigid and lecturing.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I am struggling to define the main characteristic of how we play at our best. Maybe 'no fear' is a better phrase than 'high risk'? And perhaps the culture around the club is just as important, fun and collaborative over rigid and lecturing.
Probably playing through the 3rds with pace, rather than playing 20 passes across the line.
I dunno, it's really difficult, you keep the ball to move the other team around the pitch, with the hope that tlyou create openings to play through them. But, 1. You need to move the ball quickly and 2. You need players with vision to see the pass that goes between the lines. For example Cundle and Azaz were 2 such players.
And to do all that without conceding chances? Who does that? Only the top 2 or 3 sides consistently.

Reactions: saxman
Status
Not open for further replies.