Liam Rosenior!! | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said old Green

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Jan 3, 2023
Wasn't that part that was being referenced.
I imagine this will drag on for weeks and for all the adoring LR to be the new manager, we all know the club wont be looking at him
You know that as a fact, do you?
Ok MP want to tell me what part of Lancaster's original post GT was " referencing " because he replied to the whole post without highlighting any of it and I'm not a mind reader.

IMO ( and as someone who spent his working life interpreting the meaning of documents ) Lancaster was simply expressing an opinion . Surprise , surprise this is fans forum on which fans express opinions.

Jan 9, 2023
I stopped reading when you said $$ was "honest", replace with conman and i agree šŸ¤£
I'm not actually sure what you're referring to. In interviews he always owned his mistakes and gave credit to those who deserved it. He never said he bled green or wore Argyle jim-jams, he never kissed the badge or gave it the I am or anything like it, he was actually quite humble. And whenever he was asked the question he said he was happy here, proud of what he acheived, but also spoke about his ambition. I read the opposite into these answers to what you did - he was always going to move on, it wasn't exactly a surprise.

I think you're projecting (which is always a great way of getting hurt), rather than looking at what actually happened - comparing him with what you wished he was, in other words someone who would stay with us forever no matter what, perhaps until the phone call from Everton came. Truth is he never said any of that at all.

Jan 6, 2004
I'm not actually sure what you're referring to. In interviews he always owned his mistakes and gave credit to those who deserved it. He never said he bled green or wore Argyle jim-jams, he never kissed the badge or gave it the I am or anything like it, he was actually quite humble. And whenever he was asked the question he said he was happy here, proud of what he acheived, but also spoke about his ambition. I read the opposite into these answers to what you did - he was always going to move on, it wasn't exactly a surprise.

I think you're projecting (which is always a great way of getting hurt), rather than looking at what actually happened - comparing him with what you wished he was, in other words someone who would stay with us forever no matter what, perhaps until the phone call from Everton came. Truth is he never said any of that at all.
Totally agree with this and it is not just hindsight. When rumours first started about him leaving I was pretty sure it would happen because he had already told us in so many words he was looking to move on

Reactions: Said old Green
Jul 12, 2016

Thatā€™s not the bloke I remember. The one I heard was far from humble. A two faced bullsh.tt.r. who lavished praise on the club, the area and certain players who said he wouldnā€™t be looking to move on in the short term. You believe what you like but he was a consummate conman who dropped us in it without a thought for the club and in effect stuck two fingers up to SH.

Jan 6, 2004
Thatā€™s not the bloke I remember. The one I heard was far from humble. A two faced bullsh.tt.r. who lavished praise on the club, the area and certain players who said he wouldnā€™t be looking to move on in the short term. You believe what you like but he was a consummate conman who dropped us in it without a thought for the club and in effect stuck two fingers up to SH.
He did not show much loyalty to Simon the employer that gave him his break and the "honourable" thing would have been to stay until the end of the season, but you are not a "con man" for leaving your current job for a better one. Clubs sack managers at a moment's notice all the time and turn their lives upside down, we did it to Foster, it is hardly surprising managers have no issue with leaving at a moment's notice.

The other thing is, as things turned out we are safe, who knows what would have happened with the counter factual of him staying? Schuey was all about attack but he relied on Azaz Whittaker and Hardie scoring shedloads of goals, we would still have lost Azaz, Hardie and Whittaker's shooting boots may still have deserted them and yet we may still have been shipping goals in greater numbers - we could have actually gone down. The reason we got in trouble after he left is not our drop off in form per se - it has more or less a point a match all season - but the dramatic recovery of several clubs below us.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurreyJanner

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Whoever it is hopefully they would have read the Argyle Philosophy Bible from cover to cover
They will fully engage with the players we have & not ostracised them
We had our fingers well & truly burnt
Hopefully the person that is chosen will not turn rogue as soon as they walk through the door unlike 87 day tenure man

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ok MP want to tell me what part of Lancaster's original post GT was " referencing " because he replied to the whole post without highlighting any of it and I'm not a mind reader.

IMO ( and as someone who spent his working life interpreting the meaning of documents ) Lancaster was simply expressing an opinion . Surprise , surprise this is fans forum on which fans express opinions.
So whatā€™s your interpretation of ā€˜we all know the club wont be looking at himā€™? My interpretation is that no-one knows, let alone all of us, but Iā€™m interested what you think in your professional capacity.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Cricky moses!! Everyone has mentioned his father once being the manager of Torquay United. Honestly what do you do all day. Do you not read this bloody thread before posting such a stunning piece of nothing. Sometimes this website staggers me with stuff that some people put on here. Am I the only person on this bloody planet with any commonsense? Anyway that's me done for the night, a very good night to you all. Coygs!!.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpeg
    IMG_0551.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 20

Said old Green

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Jan 3, 2023
So whatā€™s your interpretation of ā€˜we all know the club wont be looking at himā€™? My interpretation is that no-one knows, let alone all of us, but Iā€™m interested what you think in your professional capacity.
Read the whole sentence. It's prefaced by "I imagine".

Lancaster was not , in my opinion , suggesting that he had any more knowledge than anyone else and was expressing his opinion in a sarcastic manner.

Of course you are right no one outside of Home Park knows who we are considering and that's exactly as it should be.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Read the whole sentence. It's prefaced by "I imagine".

Lancaster was not , in my opinion , suggesting that he had any more knowledge than anyone else and was expressing his opinion in a sarcastic manner.

Of course you are right no one outside of Home Park knows who we are considering and that's exactly as it should be.

ā€˜I imagineā€™ refers to the bit before the comma with the bit after clarifying why thatā€™s the case. Therefore he imagines that itā€™ll take ages to sort out (opinion) because, as everyone knows, Argyle arenā€™t even looking at him (fact). Thatā€™s how the written English language works.

Anyway, you all seem to be getting rather upset over an off the cuff remark.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
ā€˜I imagineā€™ refers to the bit before the comma with the bit after clarifying why thatā€™s the case. Therefore he imagines that itā€™ll take ages to sort out (opinion) because, as everyone knows, Argyle arenā€™t even looking at him (fact). Thatā€™s how the written English language works.

Anyway, you all seem to be getting rather upset over an off the cuff remark.
I blame LG, he should have used some full stops in there! šŸ˜‚

Jan 13, 2017
Cricky moses!! Everyone has mentioned his father once being the manager of Torquay United. Honestly what do you do all day. Do you not read this bloody thread before posting such a stunning piece of nothing. Sometimes this website staggers me with stuff that some people put on here. Am I the only person on this bloody planet with any commonsense? Anyway that's me done for the night, a very good night to you all. Coygs!!.
Someone was tired last night weren't they?:sleep:.....im truly sorry that i missed the post that mentioned this before, i must pay more attention over the last 20 odd pages. Daily viewer and very occasional poster....now i know why :rolleyes:. enjoy the summer folks !!

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There are a lot of postings on here that might irritate, but I see no reason the condemn the likes of others including myself who can recall the Torquay connection of the footballing family Rosenior. In fact Rosenoir Junior could well have been born in Cockington rather than in the shadow of Wandsworth Prison. How romantic that would have been? It is medically good to be able to use one's memory cells satisfactorily into old age, and I sincerely hope S S that the day never comes when you cannot recall the League Club you supported in the early 2020's. Let's rock on and look forward to what season 2024 / 2025 brings us, eh?

Reactions: philevs
Status
Not open for further replies.