Who do we want as our new Head Coach | Page 68 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Head Coach

Who do you want as the new Head Coach?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 18.9%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 51 11.5%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 62 14.0%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Will Still

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That's an odd one for me, why an evening with Robbie Fowler in Plymouth?

They do quite a few at HP now. They’ve also had Frank Bruno, Kevin Keegan, Peter Shilton, Paul Gascoigne, Ricky Hatton etc. I went to the Kevin Keegan one, it was sold out and a pretty good evening.

Aug 22, 2006
Selles or Ainsworth, and before Steve Evans loving Cobi and co start slagging Ainsworth off, his man management skills, affable character, league experience & exceptional knowledge would have seen us through this period about 2 weeks ago. Easily. The players would have loved him. What a job he did at Wycombe. Unlike many other managers who do a "great job" for 2 seasons maximum (oh wow...) he stuck at it at an unfavourable club, turned down jobs and made them a very very good league 1 side that even had a season in the championship, Unbelievable for what is essentially a lower league / non league side! He succeeded in keeping QPR up but then failed big time this season with a load of primadonna's not helping his position. Shocking attitutude from the players. Let's see what happens with Cifuentes and QPR next season....

Ainsworth is a "big project" kind of guy, as opposed to the likes of Schumacher, Lowe, Holloway, even Pulis. Couldn't care less long-term. I'd even throw Warnock in there, pasoti's favourite. These guys are just in it for themselves. The proof is there in history. Or is there more than meets the eye? Surely not a board issue for the umpteenth time!

However Ainsworth isn't liked amongst Argyle fans, because we could never ever get a goal up on his sides (apart from when were involved in some exhilarating matches, I remember the 3-3 draw) so once we conceded we couldn't break them down (familiar story) and they had dark arts up their black belts (although I maintain it's an overreaction by some fans.) So that's a good one crossed out all thanks to the fans oh and anyway he would have to relocate his rock band to the south west. Does the Cooperage still exist?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Ainsworth is a "big project" kind of guy, as opposed to the likes of Schumacher, Lowe, Holloway, even Pulis. Couldn't care less long-term. I'd even throw Warnock in there, pasoti's favourite. These guys are just in it for themselves. The proof is there in history. Or is there more than meets the eye? Surely not a board issue for the umpteenth time!
It's a nice story, but the truth is that he applied for loads of jobs when he was Wycombe manager but didn't get any. He'd applied for the QPR job three or four times before he actually got it,

Aug 30, 2006
No thanks. He was sacked by Mansfield and his Newport side have finished 18th in League 2 this season. If his name wasn’t Graham Coughlan nobody would mention him.
I didnt say that was who I would choose by the way...simply suggested this would be a typical Argyle move!