Will we be in the Championship next season? | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be in the Championship next season?

Do you think we'll break our transfer record this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 68 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Jamie Vardy has scored 2 goals tonight - he could not manage that against us
Blackburn will be in for a rough ride on Saturday as Leicester get the Championship trophy

Reactions: Monster Green

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 13, 2021
Round we go in circles, still seems to me that Ben Waine was brought in a development project, and the intention was not to throw him In the deep end this season, potentially he would have gone out on loan to a L1 team to get him acclimatised, toughened up and streetwise.

only those in the know within the club will know precisely what happened (or didnā€™t happen) regarding recruitment of additional strikers Both in the close season and in January. Many of us suspect that there were targets identified but they either didnā€™t want to come (turmoil here due to SS sloping off?) or we couldnā€™t afford them. There is no way the club wouldnā€™t have tried to recruit which is different to inferences that they basically thought we could wing it for 46 matches with only RH and BW. It does seem that Moose may have been a bit of a wild card gamble and in fairness there is a player there, whether he is Championship standard is still hard to tell as he came into a side full of negativity and uncertainty.

Hopefully we all agree that Jan recruitment was overall poor but we donā€™t know the full story and may never doā€¦..was it purely down to lack of funds? Were there other factors ie IF dictating who he wanted bringing in? Potential signings maybe out off by our situation?

The other thing I guess most of us can agree is that if we pull this off on Saturday, there will have to be a major upheaval and investment in the squad during the summer if we are to stand any chance of being next yearā€™s Rotherhamā€¦..but if the funds ainā€™t there, they ainā€™t there.

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
WBA play Preston on Saturday - Preston have conceded 3 goals in 77 minutes

WBA will also be looking to secure 5th place

ping g5

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 20, 2005
We lose and brum don't beat Norwich... Don't think we'll get gubbed by 5 so will survive , either by a point or a couple goals....Luckily Scott twine not at Hull anymore.

Reactions: Monster Green
Jul 12, 2016
Round we go in circles, still seems to me that Ben Waine was brought in a development project, and the intention was not to throw him In the deep end this season, potentially he would have gone out on loan to a L1 team to get him acclimatised, toughened up and streetwise.

only those in the know within the club will know precisely what happened (or didnā€™t happen) regarding recruitment of additional strikers Both in the close season and in January. Many of us suspect that there were targets identified but they either didnā€™t want to come (turmoil here due to SS sloping off?) or we couldnā€™t afford them. There is no way the club wouldnā€™t have tried to recruit which is different to inferences that they basically thought we could wing it for 46 matches with only RH and BW. It does seem that Moose may have been a bit of a wild card gamble and in fairness there is a player there, whether he is Championship standard is still hard to tell as he came into a side full of negativity and uncertainty.

Hopefully we all agree that Jan recruitment was overall poor but we donā€™t know the full story and may never doā€¦..was it purely down to lack of funds? Were there other factors ie IF dictating who he wanted bringing in? Potential signings maybe out off by our situation?

The other thing I guess most of us can agree is that if we pull this off on Saturday, there will have to be a major upheaval and investment in the squad during the summer if we are to stand any chance of being next yearā€™s Rotherhamā€¦..but if the funds ainā€™t there, they ainā€™t there.
I still question the recruitment methods being used by the club. Are the targets identified realistic? I obviously donā€™t know how they analyse the data but how many names are on the list.? If Argyle cannot afford the players or players are unlikely to be available it is a bit pointless. Do we still have scouts or do we rely solely on data to decide?

Jan 6, 2004
I still question the recruitment methods being used by the club. Are the targets identified realistic? I obviously donā€™t know how they analyse the data but how many names are on the list.? If Argyle cannot afford the players or players are unlikely to be available it is a bit pointless. Do we still have scouts or do we rely solely on data to decide?
I agree, not finding a striker we desperately needed over two transfer windows cannot just be bad luck, something has gone wrong with the recruitment process. There is a systemic problem. It may be that the transition from unearthing gems for league one to championship quality requires a rethink of methodology that has not taken place. I would say Gibson is the only genuinely successful championship level signing we have made since promotion who was not already a known quantity. That is the key to our struggles in my view.

Reactions: oldage

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Carvalho and Philogene will be too good for us on Saturday. We need Norwich to keep us up.