Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.
2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive.
3) Spamming: Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time.
4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, sexually oriented, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or any other offensive material. Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar.
5) Advertising: Links to promote personal or commercial websites, blogs, other forums and so forth is not allowed anywhere without explicit permission. Abuse of the PM system is based on member complaints. If you have a website or business, you may include the link to your site in your signature ONLY. Links to incentive-based promotions may NOT be included in signatures. Unsolicited advertising may result in a permanent ban and your site being blacklisted.
6) Copyrighted Material: Generally you can assume that anything you find online is copyrighted. We prefer you post a synopsis in your own words and the link to the article. It's permissible to quote up to 20 lines of text and you must provide commentary. DO NOT POST ENTIRE ARTICLES. You agree that you will NOT post any copyrighted material, unless it is owned by you or you have the owner's consent to publish that material.
7) Warez: Do not use these forums (this includes Private Messages) to swap/sell/buy illegal software (or other illegal materials), to arrange swapping, or to solicit advice to circumvent copyright protection. No linking to "underground" or "pirate" sites to get copyrighted materials, or asking for said sites. This includes FTP servers, websites, and the like. Soliciting invites to said sites is not permitted.
8) Misleading Titles: On the Forum, the subject line of the post should be as informative as possible about the content of the post. This also reduces duplicate posts.
9) Duplicate Posts: Check the first 2 pages of the board before posting and make sure someone has not already done a post similar to yours. Pages can be accessed at the immediate top right on the board. Duplicate or similar threads are subject to being merged or closed at the discretion of the moderator.
10) Libel: Any posts libeling players, or any individual. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible (even if this is by way of implication or innuendo or with the use of the word "allegedly") or which is liable to threaten or intimidate any person or group of people or which incites criminal behaviour of any kind. Although P@SOTI does not have the wherewithal to edit and review all the postings made on this site, the Moderators will act as soon as possible to remove libellous or threatening material as soon as it is brought to their attention.
11) Playing the Role of Moderator: You're not a moderator so don't correct posters as if you were a moderator. If a thread or post violates the rules, use the "Report This Post" button rather than playing the parent. Editorial comments on the value of a thread or post, such as "useless thread", "in before the lock", "this thread should be closed", etc., are not welcome. This also may be considered spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion, and furthermore as thread hijacking and taking the thread off topic. If you don't like a thread and it doesn't break any rules don't reply to it! More often than not, that causes more problems than it fixes. Let us handle what is ours to handle. If you're interested in becoming a moderator you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
12) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated. Do not plead your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either.
13) One Account per User: multiple accounts are not permitted. If you have a good reason for needing more than one account, contact an administrator and ask for permission. Circumvention of a temporary ban by use of another account will result in a permanent ban. Circumvention of any moderator action by use of more than one account will result in a ban. While it's perfectly acceptable for multiple users to have an account on the same computer, be advised that misconduct by one will affect all. You are accountable for actions originating from your computer regardless of whether it's a friend or relative.
14) Personal messages: Publication of a P@SOTI Personal Messages (aka Private Messages) on P@SOTI or elsewhere in public without the author's consent will lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
15) Grammar police: Some posters can spell, others can't. As long as a post/thread is intelligible it doesn't matter whether there is an apostrophe or a comma in the wrong place or whether there is a mastike in the spelling. This may be considered as harassment, flaming or playing mod.
Rules of conduct apply to posting on the forums, personal messages, and ALL profile fields of your user account, including, but not limited to user name, user title, web page, avatar, signature, and location.
To report a post that violates the rules click on the report bad post icon within the post and give a brief description of the rule being broken. The icon is located in the bottom right field of each post. It's the icon with exclamation mark in middle. DO NOT PM, email, or post in the forums to report offensive posts. Usage of the Report Bad Post feature is the only means of reporting posts that violate our rules. All reports are kept confidential. You will not be contacted regarding your report. Whatever action is taken, if any, will remain confidential.
If you have a question about a warning or infraction contact the moderator who issued it by PM or email. Complaints about moderator abuse should be sent to email@example.com
Emails that do not include your username and registration email address will be ignored. If you are not writing from your registration email address, please be sure to include it in the body of your message.
Forfeiture of Member's Rights.
Any post that contravenes ANY of the above will, if the Administrators consider it appropriate, be copied and then deleted or modified.
In the event of a contravention of the rules, on first contravention, the member will receive a warning as to his/her future conduct. Should the need for a second warning arise, the member will be barred from POSTING on the forum for one week. Any subsequent contravention will result in that member being instantly and permanently banned from the forum. Any decision to warn or ban members WILL be a consensus of at least THREE Administrators.
There is also an overnight or 24-hour cooling off period option available should the Administrators deem this neccessary to use. It should be noted that there is no 3 Mod rule for this, it is simply a way of allowing the poster to consider his actions without having the ability to post, thus removing the potential of making the situation worse.
A serious violation of these rules or other misuse of these facilities will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Threats against the Administrators of Pasoti will not be tolerated and will be seen as contravention of the rules.
FULL membership of P@SOTI does not give immunity from being barred from using the forum.
You can post messages on this forum by registering your username and email address. Once you have registered you will receive an email from the Administration Team, confirming your registration, which will then give you access to the forum.
By registering to join this website, you agree that the information you provide can be held on the forum database. Your details will remain in the domain and, unless required to do so by "any interested party" with regard to legal enquiries, will NOT be given to anyone.
False email addresses are not permitted. Anyone doing so will receive an immediate ban.
FULL members of P@SOTI will have greater access to all sections of the forum. In order to become a FULL member of P@SOTI you need to make a donation for the maintenance of the forum or prove that you have at some point made a financial contribution to PASOTI at some point in the past.
I have read the above and by clicking on the link below, I agree to abide by the rules as laid down by the Administrators. I also acknowledge that by registering with P@SOTI, I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages and I agree to indemnify and hold harmless, this forum and any other websites related to this forum.
Finally and most importantly, welcome to P@SOTI. We hope you enjoy the opportunity to interact and communicate with supporters of PLYMOUTH ARGYLE, around the World. If you have any questions then please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org