Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:01 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Brighton
Cunk on Britain: hilarious ignorance from Philomena Cunk, with the great one-liners coming thick and fast, as one would expect with Charlie Brooker the chief writer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... -episode-1, from 2.14.

"Empty, without energy, or motion, or lights, or hope - just like Plymouth today."

And don't take it personally - Colchester gets similar treatment.

_________________
PIES - Pilgrims In East Sussex


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:38 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19, PASOTI Punmaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Location Location
MickyD wrote:
Cunk on Britain: hilarious ignorance from Philomena Cunk, with the great one-liners coming thick and fast, as one would expect with Charlie Brooker the chief writer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... -episode-1, from 2.14.

"Empty, without energy, or motion, or lights, or hope - just like Plymouth today."

And don't take it personally - Colchester gets similar treatment.



Yeah ... hilarious line from a guy born in Reading! :whistle:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:17 am
VERY funny programme though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:28 am
Charlie Brooker is an absolute genius.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 am 

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:12 pm
Location: Plymouth/Bristol
Charlie Brooker is absolutely fantastic, but the Cunk section of Screenwipe was always my least favourite segment. Consequently I've totally ignored her solo show. As I don't like her on Screenwipe, am I missing much with this?

_________________
Whether you believe that God created you for a purpose, or that the world is governed by blind chance, everything in life is a gift at its core; we are beggars all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm 
Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Jannersville, Plimuff
davegreenarmy wrote:
Charlie Brooker is absolutely fantastic, but the Cunk section of Screenwipe was always my least favourite segment. Consequently I've totally ignored her solo show. As I don't like her on Screenwipe, am I missing much with this?


If you like the Ali G style ask a monumentally moronic question with a dead pan expression then it is comedy gold.

IMO funniest thing I have seen this year on TV :thumbs:

_________________
Cmon you GREENS.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Brighton
andyr1963 wrote:
davegreenarmy wrote:
Charlie Brooker is absolutely fantastic, but the Cunk section of Screenwipe was always my least favourite segment. Consequently I've totally ignored her solo show. As I don't like her on Screenwipe, am I missing much with this?


If you like the Ali G style ask a monumentally moronic question with a dead pan expression then it is comedy gold.

IMO funniest thing I have seen this year on TV :thumbs:

Actually, the Ali G-style interviews were the parts I liked the least in earlier Cunk programmes, for the same reason I had a problem with Ali G himself - they made my toes curl in empathetic embarrassment at the discomfort of the interviewees.

Having said that, I think that most, if not all, the interviewees in Cunk on Britain were in on the joke. If they'd troubled to do any research at all beforehand, they'd have seen similar stuff in Cunk on Shakespeare and Cunk on Christmas. Anyway, some of the things she said during interviews were so outrageous and stupid that those intelligent academics would surely have caught on soon enough. Even the name: Cunk - come on!

It was the dumb one-liners to camera that I liked the best.

_________________
PIES - Pilgrims In East Sussex


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:14 pm 
Site Admin, PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #1 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:40 am
Location: Plymouth
I’ve been watching Black Mirror on Netflix. What a fantastic series that is. Typical Charlie Brooker which makes you think, with a twist that you won’t see coming.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Cunk disses Plymouth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:51 pm
MickyD wrote:
Cunk on Britain: hilarious ignorance from Philomena Cunk, with the great one-liners coming thick and fast, as one would expect with Charlie Brooker the chief writer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... -episode-1, from 2.14.

"Empty, without energy, or motion, or lights, or hope - just like Plymouth today."

And don't take it personally - Colchester gets similar treatment.


She’s not far wrong about Plymouth.Dingles Plymouth’s premier store is set to close and Exeter’s is set to remain open.
Very funny series.

_________________
I once had a job painting the white lines down roadways,but i packed it in before i went round the bend.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 82 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Developed by Vertical Plus Ltd