Page 140 of 142

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 12:16 01 Aug 2019
by mervyn
Is anyone as irritated as I am by the sheep-like quality of this cabinet. All ministers have clearly been instructed to refer to the backstop as the ‘undemocratic’ backstop when speaking to the media. As this was negotiated over three years by our democratically elected government, what’s undemocratic about it? Why isn’t the BBC and other news organisations querying this?

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 08:10 13 Aug 2019
by Frank_Butcher
UK 'first in line' for US trade deal, says John Bolton

Brexit: Next boss says UK can avoid no-deal chaos

Of course Boris has just had his phone chat with PotUS and Lord Wolfson was a Leave supporter, but interesting to see stories like this emerging. Pure propaganda, or a genuine antidote to No Deal hysteria?

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 08:55 13 Aug 2019
by Martyn
Frank_Butcher wrote: UK 'first in line' for US trade deal, says John Bolton

Brexit: Next boss says UK can avoid no-deal chaos

Of course Boris has just had his phone chat with PotUS and Lord Wolfson was a Leave supporter, but interesting to see stories like this emerging. Pure propaganda, or a genuine antidote to No Deal hysteria?



So we could ‘possibly ‘, get imbedded with the ‘great USA, on Trade deals, with Bolton and Trump (both trustworthy people ?).

What have we become,

When deals doesn’t go ‘Trump’s way, he enforces sanctions.
Please what a mess we have become. And to think we could be leaving one of the best trade deals we have ever had, if we exit the EU. Just for the sake of some idiots who don’t like the EU.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 09:16 13 Aug 2019
by CJH
What are the hidden agendas of all these offers, remember there are more billionaires made in a financial turndown then in any other phase of the world financial cycles? In Bolton you are dealing with a slimy snake from hell.

CJH

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 09:39 13 Aug 2019
by CJH
Being in NZ, I am following Brexit on UTube and a new posting has appeared supporting the leave campaign and in it the reporter uses voice over of normally a BBC program like question time with every other word a profanity.

The posting goes under the banner of: WE HAVE A PROBLEM and is very extreme, the guy is a very rough speaker and speaks from the gutter, however he never gives his name.

Now whilst trawling around I came across a channel 4 show and one of the panelilst sounded very much like the same person and went under the name DANNY DYER, I have never heard of him?.

Can you copy a BBC program and voice over it without infringing copyright ?

CJH

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 11:13 13 Aug 2019
by Ham Green
Danny Dyer plays the current landlord of the Queen Vic in Eastenders. Before that he made some (mostly awful) TV programs where he appeared to see himself as some kind of Essex wide boy.

And he swore a lot.

No idea what his Brexit position is.

Copyright's not really an issue here. But report him for it anyway - the video might get taken down temporarily which will annoy him.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 11:17 13 Aug 2019
by signalspast
Haven't seen the you tube clip but Danny Dyer is a BBC actor who is or was in eastenders. I know he was on ITV calling David Cameron stupid in expletives tones for calling the referendum and was very subjective of mps with Jeremy Corbyn sat there.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 11:21 13 Aug 2019
by signalspast
Ham Green wrote: Danny Dyer plays the current landlord of the Queen Vic in Eastenders. Before that he made some (mostly awful) TV programs where he appeared to see himself as some kind of Essex wide boy.

And he swore a lot.

No idea what his Brexit position is.

Copyright's not really an issue here. But report him for it anyway - the video might get taken down temporarily which will annoy him.


Danny Dyer is in the remain camp

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 11:26 13 Aug 2019
by Ave_IT
Martyn wrote:
Frank_Butcher wrote: UK 'first in line' for US trade deal, says John Bolton

Brexit: Next boss says UK can avoid no-deal chaos

Of course Boris has just had his phone chat with PotUS and Lord Wolfson was a Leave supporter, but interesting to see stories like this emerging. Pure propaganda, or a genuine antidote to No Deal hysteria?



So we could ‘possibly ‘, get imbedded with the ‘great USA, on Trade deals, with Bolton and Trump (both trustworthy people ?).

What have we become,

When deals doesn’t go ‘Trump’s way, he enforces sanctions.
Please what a mess we have become. And to think we could be leaving one of the best trade deals we have ever had, if we exit the EU. Just for the sake of some idiots who don’t like the EU.
John Bolton the US National Security adviser is visiting Boris today....

Bolton: Hi Boris buddy, Great to see ya !!
Boris: Great to meet you too sir,
Bolton: Now let’s get straight to Goddam point….We just love you guys and we love the fact you’re telling the EU to go F*** themselves.
Boris : Thank you sir, thank you
Bolton: Yeah – be a proud and independent country that’s what I say. None of this multi-lateral crap with rules and laws and sh1t that other countries want you to agree to.
Boris: Yes sir, that’s exactly why we’re doing it.
Bolton : We’re going to give you guys a great new trade deal as a reward. You’re gonna love it.
Boris : Oh Thank You sir, Thank you soo very much. That’s exactly what we desperately need now we’re leaving the biggest free market in the world.
Bolton : No problem buddy. So can you just sign Here, Here and Here ….and then you can run along

1) Back us totally in opposing the Iranian nuclear deal (and tell the EU to go F*** themselves)
2) Back us totally in our trade dispute with China and tell Huawei to go F*** themselves
3) Scrap all those food safety regulations to let us flood your market with our tasty chlorine-washed, hormone-pumped, anti-biotic saturated meat (and tell the EU to go F*** themselves)
4) Open up your NHS, especially the drug market, to genuine competition and stop your outrageous practice of under-cutting our firms with your socialist state subsidies.
5) Sack any diplomat we don’t like or says something we don’t like (even if said in private)…… in fact we’ll give you a list of people to choose from.
6) Do any F***Ing thing we say.

Boris : Errrr ….but sir, could I just?
Bolton : You got a problem with any of that buddy?
Boris : No Sir.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 19:41 13 Aug 2019
by Ham Green
Ave_IT wrote:
Boris : Errrr ….but sir, could I just?
Bolton : You got a problem with any of that buddy?


Boris: As a matter of fact, I do. You know we have other lucrative trade deals, don't you?

(waves hand casually towards a whiteboard. Many countries are crossed out. Circled are "Botswana", "The Phi-Phi Islands" and "Diego Garcia (Marmite)"). The phone rings.

Bolton: We got a deal then?

Boris: (crossing out Botswana) ffs all right.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 20:09 13 Aug 2019
by Mike E
It is already happening. We are being sucked out of Europe to become the 51st state and plaything of Trumps US administration.

Those that are 'apologists' for the #### are either revelling in the demise of the UK, by deviously cashing in on what will become a fire sale or too thick to see what is happening to our once great nation.

Trump hates Europe because he believes it is an economic threat to the US. Collectively the EU is too powerful for him to bully. Brexit is his chance to weaken and fragment what he sees as a more powerful and economic foe.

Trump doesn't give a flying fig for the UK, and will use us as a foil in his international disputes, flipping us about as a cat does with a mouse, between Iran, China, Russia or any other nation he falls out with as we suck up to him for favours thinking we are special, and in the meantime rip us to bits.

We would be much safer as part of the EU but hey ho.

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 08:06 15 Aug 2019
by Martyn
The idea of a unity government is a great idea, if Johnson refuses to step down, but, but not led by Corbyn.

There are many other far suitable people come to mind.

Like Kenneth Clarke, (leader of the house). etc

Re: Government Brexit Proposal & DD Resignation

Posted: 08:28 15 Aug 2019
by Lousy_Pint
Mike E wrote: It is already happening. We are being sucked out of Europe to become the 51st state and plaything of Trumps US administration.

Those that are 'apologists' for the #### are either revelling in the demise of the UK, by deviously cashing in on what will become a fire sale or too thick to see what is happening to our once great nation.

Trump hates Europe because he believes it is an economic threat to the US. Collectively the EU is too powerful for him to bully. Brexit is his chance to weaken and fragment what he sees as a more powerful and economic foe.

Trump doesn't give a flying fig for the UK, and will use us as a foil in his international disputes, flipping us about as a cat does with a mouse, between Iran, China, Russia or any other nation he falls out with as we suck up to him for favours thinking we are special, and in the meantime rip us to bits.

We would be much safer as part of the EU but hey ho.


Exactly how I see it Mike. One reason I have always wanted to remain in Europe is too keep the US at arms length (irrespective of whether Trump or anyone else is Pres). But I fear your 51st state prediction is looming ever closer. Disastrous times!!