Page 2 of 4

Re: Next season options

Posted: 10:55 06 May 2020
by Devongreenowl
Site Manager wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
Site Manager wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote: You’re such a patronising (insult removed by Admin) Balham. Nowhere did I refer to a mild flu, I simply repeated the facts that the scientists have been stressing from the outset.


Dear oh dear. Insult removed by admin. Just for the enlightenment of the readers, the 'insult' was not an obscenity, or even a particularly strong word. If any of you have ever watched the Karl Pilkington programme 'An I**ot Abroad', you’ll get my drift.

Anyway, just so long as I know it’s ok to go on long, itemised political rants without fear of moderation, then I know where we all stand.


I edited your post, we often remove insults to keep the conversation fair to all posters. No one should be insulted just because they have a different viewpoint.


No problem. Perhaps you can get to work on some of the much more tedious and toxic party politics on here next. Just a suggestion.


But that would mean removing most of your posts. :)


I really don’t know how you can say that in all seriousness when you read through this thread. Moderate = show even handedness. You’re actually singling me out, when just above these posts is an absolute overt load of party political tripe from a couple of regular offenders. The only remotely political comment i have made is about the BBC. Somebody calls me ignorant and seriously misrepresents what I’ve said and I get moderated for calling him an idiot. Seriously?

Re: Next season options

Posted: 11:13 06 May 2020
by Site Manager
Devongreenowl wrote:
Site Manager wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
Site Manager wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote: You’re such a patronising (insult removed by Admin) Balham. Nowhere did I refer to a mild flu, I simply repeated the facts that the scientists have been stressing from the outset.


Dear oh dear. Insult removed by admin. Just for the enlightenment of the readers, the 'insult' was not an obscenity, or even a particularly strong word. If any of you have ever watched the Karl Pilkington programme 'An I**ot Abroad', you’ll get my drift.

Anyway, just so long as I know it’s ok to go on long, itemised political rants without fear of moderation, then I know where we all stand.


I edited your post, we often remove insults to keep the conversation fair to all posters. No one should be insulted just because they have a different viewpoint.


No problem. Perhaps you can get to work on some of the much more tedious and toxic party politics on here next. Just a suggestion.


But that would mean removing most of your posts. :)


I really don’t know how you can say that in all seriousness when you read through this thread. Moderate = show even handedness. You’re actually singling me out, when just above these posts is an absolute overt load of party political tripe from a couple of regular offenders. The only remotely political comment i have made is about the BBC. Somebody calls me ignorant and seriously misrepresents what I’ve said and I get moderated for calling him an idiot. Seriously?


It was an attempt at humour to lighten the mood which, despite the smiley face, you missed.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 13:54 06 May 2020
by Balham_Green
Devongreenowl wrote:
Balham_Green wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
GreenThing wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote:
Devongreenowl wrote: You’re such a patronising (insult removed by Admin) Balham. Nowhere did I refer to a mild flu, I simply repeated the facts that the scientists have been stressing from the outset.


Dear oh dear. Insult removed by admin. Just for the enlightenment of the readers, the 'insult' was not an obscenity, or even a particularly strong word. If any of you have ever watched the Karl Pilkington programme 'An I**ot Abroad', you’ll get my drift.

Anyway, just so long as I know it’s ok to go on long, itemised political rants without fear of moderation, then I know where we all stand.


It’s how we run the site. Insults are always removed (if spotted by a mod), you might not find it offensive but some do and minor insults lead to bigger ones then the threads descend into a slanging match. Don’t feel had done by, we pull insults for all, ask BG if you don’t believe me.


Well of course I do get that GT. I guess onoe should never let idiots provoke one, whether they are abroad or not!


Again showing your ignorance.


Ah, again showing your idiocy.

Now jog on.


I'll stay here thank you very much. See you are trying to play the victim now.
:funny: You can give it out but cant take it

Re: Next season options

Posted: 14:12 06 May 2020
by Devongreenowl
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Re: Next season options

Posted: 09:53 07 May 2020
by Kersie
I think you should be prime minister...... and see what mess we would be in now

Re: Next season options

Posted: 10:47 07 May 2020
by Kersie
It wasn’t you

Re: Next season options

Posted: 10:50 07 May 2020
by demportdave
I thought the Grown Ups has told us no more Politics on PASOTI.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 10:55 07 May 2020
by Kersie
Sorry about that I forgot.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 13:39 07 May 2020
by Balham_Green
themightykeithfear wrote: Me too for 10 years, London’s parks and open spaces contribute to the great city London is. As I said not particularly densely populated compared to most European cities, but don’t take my word for it look it up. Or Maybe if you “believe” strongly enough it will change the reality


I just googled it. London covers 600 square miles Paris 40 with similar pops. But of course Owl is never wrong :facepalm:

Re: Next season options

Posted: 14:06 07 May 2020
by Keepitgreen
xmastree wrote:
IJN wrote: I do apologise for those who intended to read this Argyle related thread for it to YET AGAIN turn into political bollox.

The new system means it is so difficult to split a thread when it gets bigger.

So with that in mind, certain posters should be aware they could be booted into the other forums by being stopped from using this one if this carries on.

Many many things are being allowed on our Main Forum BUT politics are not allowed on here and quite a few have complained about these mini hijacks.

Please be warned.

Thanks


I certainly won't miss the political input on here, and can certainly do without it. I am, however, pretty surprised that "quite a few" see fit to complain about content on a website for which they are not paying, and on which they have total freedom to read what they like and not read the remainder. Yes, of course I can understand complaints for more extreme content - significant personal abuse, bullying, anything obscene etc. - but to try and dictate what content is allowed simply because a topic is not to your taste seems excessive to me. Crying to the MODS about opinions you don't share or topics that are not of interest (but which are posted in a reasonable manner) is a little reminiscent of school sneaks running to teacher. Perhaps someone who thinks differently might explain (rather than complain to the MODS about THIS post!).

I most enjoy Pasoti when there are decent well-argued debates, in which different viewpoints are explored. Hearing the opinions of those who think differently to myself is, in my opinion, much more stimulating than having a load of people agree with my viewpoint by saying exactly the same thing.

I think you miss the point xmastree. I'm not one of the "quite a few" but I would expect to discuss politics on the Terraces & Opinions forum, where it always has been. There's a thread on there at the moment titled Coronavirus and I'm sure a great deal of the posts on here would fit nicely on there.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 14:10 07 May 2020
by IJN
No one is trying to stifle opinion but we don't want to go down the Boris is crap route and then someone else comes back with Corybn wouldn't have done any better etc etc etc.

If you want to bang on about Brexit, Boris or the new man in Labour as Bob as says, the Terraces is the place for it.

That's all, nothing sinister, nothing controlling, just try to stay off that sort of thing that's all we are asking.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 15:04 07 May 2020
by xmastree
Keepitgreen wrote:
xmastree wrote:
IJN wrote: I do apologise for those who intended to read this Argyle related thread for it to YET AGAIN turn into political bollox.

The new system means it is so difficult to split a thread when it gets bigger.

So with that in mind, certain posters should be aware they could be booted into the other forums by being stopped from using this one if this carries on.

Many many things are being allowed on our Main Forum BUT politics are not allowed on here and quite a few have complained about these mini hijacks.

Please be warned.

Thanks


I certainly won't miss the political input on here, and can certainly do without it. I am, however, pretty surprised that "quite a few" see fit to complain about content on a website for which they are not paying, and on which they have total freedom to read what they like and not read the remainder. Yes, of course I can understand complaints for more extreme content - significant personal abuse, bullying, anything obscene etc. - but to try and dictate what content is allowed simply because a topic is not to your taste seems excessive to me. Crying to the MODS about opinions you don't share or topics that are not of interest (but which are posted in a reasonable manner) is a little reminiscent of school sneaks running to teacher. Perhaps someone who thinks differently might explain (rather than complain to the MODS about THIS post!).

I most enjoy Pasoti when there are decent well-argued debates, in which different viewpoints are explored. Hearing the opinions of those who think differently to myself is, in my opinion, much more stimulating than having a load of people agree with my viewpoint by saying exactly the same thing.

I think you miss the point xmastree. I'm not one of the "quite a few" but I would expect to discuss politics on the Terraces & Opinions forum, where it always has been. There's a thread on there at the moment titled Coronavirus and I'm sure a great deal of the posts on here would fit nicely on there.


Agree with every word you say KiG, except about missing the point. Not sure what point I'm missing! I'm not advocating politics on the main board, and when I talk about "decent well argued debates" I'm talking about football/Argyle debate.

Equally, I'm not accusing anyone of controlling/stifling opinion. Main point of my post was my surprise that multiple people complain about matters like this, and that some it appears only want to hear opinion that matches their own.

Re: Next season options

Posted: 17:06 07 May 2020
by Balham_Green
If politics has no place on the Argyle forum what are these music threads doing there...,?