Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
An awful month. WTF January! Another legend from my youth gone and at a relatively young age.
RIP Glenn Frey. Thanks for standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
LG":3gvutq6h said:
I think it's just a fact that we're getting older.
Indeedy. They were all in their late sixties (save for Lemmy who was a couple of days over 70 and probably helped himself on his way out following his diagnosis, I suspect) and three of them had cancer. Frey died of "complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia" (Jeez!) and Buffin had Alzheimer's

That's probably just a fairly average sample of those who die in their late sixties, sad to say. They just happen to have been famous to varying degrees and to have died in a little cluster, at least from our narrow point of view. (I doubt that many under 50 who are mourning the loss of Bowie, Lemmy or Frey will have much of a clue who Buffin was, or Rickman aside from his Snape role.)

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I'm sure a fair few of us under the age of 50 had seen films like Die Hard or Dogma, Micky. I take your point on Buffin - I only knew who he was because of love of music!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
January claims another one. RIP Sir Terry Wogan.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Clarke_B":29p1pich said:
pilgrimage":29p1pich said:
Joe Cocker to be added to the list.

I thought it was physically impossible to die twice. Cocker died in 2014 !

Reminds me of a comment by the fiddlist Dave Swarbrick (who, btw, is very ill again and is in ITU in a hospital in Wales) when the local rag in Coventry accidentally ran an obituary about him many years ago, to which the Swarb replied "it wasn't the first time I died in Coventry".

Reactions: greeneagle