Page 1 of 33

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 01:45 19 Jan 2016
by Quinny
Lemmy, Bowie, Alan Rickman, earlier today Dale Griffin from Mott the Hoople and now Glenn Frey. Enough's enough :(

Re: STOP DYING! JUST EFFING STOP IT!!!

Posted: 02:46 19 Jan 2016
by PL2 3DQ
An awful month. WTF January! Another legend from my youth gone and at a relatively young age.
RIP Glenn Frey. Thanks for standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.

Re: STOP DYING! JUST EFFING STOP IT!!!

Posted: 12:55 19 Jan 2016
by Shadowknight
Would be a half decent band if you had the line up a month ago.

Re: STOP DYING! JUST EFFING STOP IT!!!

Posted: 14:49 19 Jan 2016
by Mark_Colling
PL2 3DQ wrote: An awful month. WTF January! Another legend from my youth gone and at a relatively young age.
RIP Glenn Frey. Thanks for standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.

That one or Lying Eyes for me.

RIP

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 14:55 19 Jan 2016
by Quinny
Smuggler's Blues from his solo career is pretty darn good too.

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 15:18 19 Jan 2016
by L G
Take it easy for me.
I think it's just a fact that we're getting older.
Gotta live for today and live in this moment.
(ACT training :thumbs: )

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 20:03 19 Jan 2016
by MickyD
LG wrote: I think it's just a fact that we're getting older.

Indeedy. They were all in their late sixties (save for Lemmy who was a couple of days over 70 and probably helped himself on his way out following his diagnosis, I suspect) and three of them had cancer. Frey died of "complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia" (Jeez!) and Buffin had Alzheimer's

That's probably just a fairly average sample of those who die in their late sixties, sad to say. They just happen to have been famous to varying degrees and to have died in a little cluster, at least from our narrow point of view. (I doubt that many under 50 who are mourning the loss of Bowie, Lemmy or Frey will have much of a clue who Buffin was, or Rickman aside from his Snape role.)

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 23:59 19 Jan 2016
by Quinny
I'm sure a fair few of us under the age of 50 had seen films like Die Hard or Dogma, Micky. I take your point on Buffin - I only knew who he was because of love of music!

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 13:42 31 Jan 2016
by PL2 3DQ
January claims another one. RIP Sir Terry Wogan.

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 16:22 31 Jan 2016
by Lundan Cabbie
PL2 3DQ wrote: January claims another one. RIP Sir Terry Wogan.



Frank Finlay yesterday too

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 20:50 31 Jan 2016
by pilgrimage
Joe Cocker to be added to the list.

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 20:55 31 Jan 2016
by Clarke_B
pilgrimage wrote: Joe Cocker to be added to the list.


I thought it was physically impossible to die twice. Cocker died in 2014 !

Re: Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Posted: 21:04 31 Jan 2016
by r4h4al
Clarke_B wrote:
pilgrimage wrote: Joe Cocker to be added to the list.


I thought it was physically impossible to die twice. Cocker died in 2014 !


:lol: :facepalm: