PASOTI Fantasy Football is game for all PASOTI MEMBERS to enjoy, it lasts all season, you can join anytime during the season but it is best to be in it from the start of the season.
How do you play?
1. Go to this page http://www.pasoti.co.uk/fantasy/ at the bottom of the page is a button, click on it and a new page will open asking you to pick a name for your team.
2. Once you have picked a name, you are ready to go select your team, so click the button, and a new page opens with a list of all the Plymouth Argyle players and their positions.
3. To start the game you have 250,000 pounds and all the players are worth 50,000 pounds, so as you pick your players your money goes down and your number of players go up until you have 5 players, you can pick 5 defenders or 5 forwards or mix them up. A little tip think of who Argyle are playing in the next game are they at home, is their opponent a strong team or a weak team, do they score a lot or are they a strong defensive team, you pick your players on how they will do in the next game.
4. There is a deadline for making your selection it is 2 hours before gametime, after that your team is locked and no more selections can be made.
5. Points are given for goals, appearances, assists and clean sheets - as follows:
•Each Goal Scored - 3 points per player per goal
•Each Assist Leading to a Goal - 1 point per player per assist
•Each Clean Sheet - 3 points per defender or goalkeeper
•Each Starting Appearance or substitution- 1 point per player
•Man of the Match - 5 points
6. Points are lost for disciplinary offences and goals against
•Each Red Card - lose 2 points for player receiving card
•Each Yellow Card - lose 1 point for player receiving card
•Each Non Appearance - lose 1 point for player not appearing in a match
•Every goal against - lose 1 point for each defender & goalkeeper
7. Nick McFarlane is the administrator who runs the game. All the points gained or lost and Man of the Match are based on the game stats listed in the Herald as an independent source, so we ask someone to post those stats as soon as possible so Nick can do his update.
8. Once Nick has done the update, he will post the players points gained or lost and will list the points gained and lost for each team, he will add these to the team totals and the league table will be listed here http://www.pasoti.co.uk/cgi-bin/contest.pl
9. Nick will then open up the transfer page and then you can decide to keep the players you have or sell some and then you can buy replacements, as the season goes along the value of these players will go up and down, and hopefully you will eventually be able to add an extra player to your team, by the end of the season your team could have maybe 10 or more players in your team.
10. To be successful you have to manage your team, make sure you remove players who are injured, suspended, or may not be selected, it is up to you.
11. Points are allocated after every game on the basis of team selection for league matches, FA CUP matches and League Cup matches. Any other fixtures (such as EFL Trophy and so on are not included).
12. 50 teams entered so far, who will be the next team to enter?
13. Remember the winner gets their very own trophy (Sponsored by Coronet Engravers) and will be remembered in PASOTI history.