Xemi: Oxford United ex Midfielder (how about?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Xemi: Oxford United ex Midfielder (how about?)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Knibbsworth":3jx7lfnd said:
Argy1e":3jx7lfnd said:
HC Green":3jx7lfnd said:
Argy1e":3jx7lfnd said:
HC Green":3jx7lfnd said:
If it happens then it would be identical to Ryan Taylor arrival last January.
Not quite. They actually wanted to keep Taylor.

So why did Oxford terminate Taylor’s contract by mutual consent?
He wasn't a regular starter and wanted to play more, but he did play and score a couple of games before his exit. Oxford would have been happy to keep him on, but he was already in talks with us before the 'mutual termination' took place.

Taylor was a regular starter for Oxford, he made 31 appearances that season before signing for us in January!
Oxford used a heavily rotated side in the Checkatrade so I'm not sure I'd count that. Going off the league alone 11 of his appearances were from the bench with 10 starts. He completed 90 minutes in the league just four times for them. In the other cups he played six out of seven, but only four starts and again only two lots of 90 minutes.

27 appearances, 14 starts, 13 substitute appearances, only six full games. As I said, he wanted to play more.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Argy1e":310drmrk said:
Knibbsworth":310drmrk said:
HC Green":310drmrk said:
HC Green":310drmrk said:
If it happens then it would be identical to Ryan Taylor arrival last January.
Not quite. They actually wanted to keep Taylor.

So why did Oxford terminate Taylor’s contract by mutual consent?
He wasn't a regular starter and wanted to play more, but he did play and score a couple of games before his exit. Oxford would have been happy to keep him on, but he was already in talks with us before the 'mutual termination' took place.

Taylor was a regular starter for Oxford, he made 31 appearances that season before signing for us in January!
Oxford used a heavily rotated side in the Checkatrade so I'm not sure I'd count that. Going off the league alone 11 of his appearances were from the bench with 10 starts. He completed 90 minutes in the league just four times for them. In the other cups he played six out of seven, but only four starts and again only two lots of 90 minutes.

27 appearances, 14 starts, 13 substitute appearances, only six full games. As I said, he wanted to play more.

A well argued retort and once again proves that for one club a player can be cr ... average, but for another club he excels. Funny old game !