Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are Argyle interested in Grimsby's Bogle?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:24 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19, PASOTI Punmaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Are Eastleigh interested in Pasoti's Pogle?? :whistle:

Now that Martin Allen has left Barnet to go to Eastleigh?? :think:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:45 pm 

I cannot say the name, but I know for a fact that Argyle have enquire about a L1 striker who has been sticking the ball in the net, on loan, but he has turned us down. The player he has been keeping out is due back soon, and he is likely to be on bench again, but he doesn't want to drop a division.

Other than turning us down, the key point is that it seems to show that we are not looking for a permanent striker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Pilgrim61 wrote:
I cannot say the name, but I know for a fact that Argyle have enquire about a L1 striker who has been sticking the ball in the net, on loan, but he has turned us down. The player he has been keeping out is due back soon, and he is likely to be on bench again, but he doesn't want to drop a division.

Other than turning us down, the key point is that it seems to show that we are not looking for a permanent striker.

At this point in time that makes perfect sense; between now and the end of the season Adams will see what Brunt can do once he is fully recovered, Spencer will return at some stage, Rooney will have 6 months to develop, Goodwillie will either come good or he won't. All in all there is very little certainty surrounding our strikers so we could end up with 4 good options up front ahead of next season therefore adding another one permanently could leave us with too many for next year.

A loanee or two will come in to cover Spencer and Brunt's recovery periods leaving us free to choose between either picking someone up at the end of the season or stick with the options we've got.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:18 pm 

Not sure with DG that it's a case of 'coming good or not', I feel it's a case of 'being played in a front pairing or not'. He strikes me as a 'foil' player, certainly not a lone striker.

I suspect the front pairing chapter fell out of DA's coaching manual some time ago so we're unlikely to see the best of DG.

I see your point about the 'returning' strikers, however what are they returning to. If they're on one year deals then they'll have the same contract length as any loanee would have.

Better I would have thought to plan ahead for next season by making a quality addition to the permanent staff. We'll need a better quality striker either way, we'll either be in League 1 or we'll need to be better to get out of league 2 in 2017/18.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:10 am 

Was Barnet's bid accepted?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

X Isle wrote:
Not sure with DG that it's a case of 'coming good or not', I feel it's a case of 'being played in a front pairing or not'. He strikes me as a 'foil' player, certainly not a lone striker.

I suspect the front pairing chapter fell out of DA's coaching manual some time ago so we're unlikely to see the best of DG.

I see your point about the 'returning' strikers, however what are they returning to. If they're on one year deals then they'll have the same contract length as any loanee would have.

Better I would have thought to plan ahead for next season by making a quality addition to the permanent staff. We'll need a better quality striker either way, we'll either be in League 1 or we'll need to be better to get out of league 2 in 2017/18.

True, my thinking was Adams would have full flexibility come the summer to buy in depending on our division. That said a complete rebuild every year isn't the ideal way to "build a club" as Derek says he wants to do. A settled striker on a permanent deal who is capable of playing in L1 or L2 could be just what the doctor ordered. The other returning strikers then fit in around him depending on development, recoveries or Adams' tactics.

Someone in the Garita/Reuben mould would be my perfect addition. Big, powerful and able to run at players with pace would offer a very good alternative to Spencer's more technical leading of the line.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 am 

Emeraldinho wrote:
Where the bleddy hell did a piddling little outfit like Barnet, yes BARNET, get £250K to throw around?

Quite likely due to the sale of Bondz N'Gala - which was for a club record fee to Eastleigh. (Some say around the 250k mark)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:43 am 

WHAT?! £250k for that donkey?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am 

So rumour has it:
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&start=0

On the plus side, N'Gala economics means that Graham Carey is worth £2-3m now? No?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Omar Bogle is the Skybet League 2 Player of the Month.

Jordan Houghton, who we will see tomorrow, was one of the 4 nominated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:07 pm 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

According to the Sunday papers Leeds and Bristol City are interested in signing Bogle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:37 pm 
Site Owner

Ipswich it is then! :greensmile:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:34 am 
Site Admin

Forest according to the BBC gossip page this morning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next