Drew Talbot released. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drew Talbot released.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Any thoughts?

Dec 4, 2011
I saw this on BBC website today and saw the quote about moving up north so don’t think this will happen.

That aside, I think it may be an idea to have Talbot and Miller fight it out at right back and ATS and Sawyer to fight it out at left back.

I can’t see us persevering with Sawyer at right back for too much longer.

Threlkeld is one of our best players and we need to find a way of getting him into the team at right back or centre midfield.

I guess a lot depends on whether we sign Diagouraga or not.

Aug 5, 2016
Talbot is similar to Threlkeld, versatile and adept at CM or RB.

Given that we can't currently find a role for Oscar in the side, Talbot would seem a waste of a wage. Can't deny he was good for us though, but I think we could spend money better.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Note to Mr Harper.

The reason why your post on the main page was transferred to here, was because A) Two people had already commented on it and B) This is the Forum for conjecture.

It has always been thus. Perhaps you should think before you press submit on Facebook. Nothing to do with me owning the site. <Sigh>.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He had a strong short period with Argyle a few seasons ago and you can tell he was a good experienced player. I doubt whether age has improved his performances. I see no reason not to intervene in his apparent wish to move up North. There will be other opportunities.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with that, loved him last time but we've moved up and he's older now. From memory his injury record wasn't the best.

I would certainly hope we could find better, quite easily.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":2j069u3r said:
Note to Mr Harper.

The reason why your post on the main page was transferred to here, was because A) Two people had already commented on it and B) This is the Forum for conjecture.

It has always been thus. Perhaps you should think before you press submit on Facebook. Nothing to do with me owning the site. <Sigh>.

Saw that wondered why the question wasn't asked on Pasoti.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Yeah he was decent for us in League Two, but we probably need to look at better options to start winning more matches in League One. David Cotteril has been released by Brum.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Saturday Service":1yrfwcxk said:
Re signing for his old club Chesterfield apparently.
Was never in doubt after Saturday Service said it, but it's been confirmed now that he's joining Chesterfield.

Sep 6, 2006
Argy1e":2wgqjt3m said:
Saturday Service":2wgqjt3m said:
Was never in doubt after Saturday Service said it, but it's been confirmed now that he's joining Chesterfield.

Wasted in League 2. Far better than Miller.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":3an7s2bm said:
Argy1e":3an7s2bm said:
Saturday Service":3an7s2bm said:

Wasted in League 2. Far better than Miller.
Never seemed able to shake off his injury problems. No use if he's good for a few matches and then missing for months.