(How About) Džengis Čavušević ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(How About) Džengis Čavušević ?

Has just been made a free agent after contract terminated by mutual consent with FC Zürich in December 2017, so fits the typical Argyle free agent signing under DA.

6ft 2inch Slovenian Striker who has made a career as a target man in Switzerland (FC Zurich, St Gallen, Wil 1900). If Derek is in the market for a Striker in a similar mould to Taylor then Čavušević could be the man. Tall, eye for goal, brings other players in, experienced - more pace than Taylor but no experience in England.

Youtube Highlight Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0rZ1xae3ps

No mention as to why he has left Zurich, but it seems a few clubs are interested so doesn't appear to be injury related:

"FC Zurich and Dzengis Cavusevic have agreed by mutual agreement to terminate the contract running until 2018 with immediate effect. The 30-year-old offensive player joined FC Zurich in July 2016. In 42 competitive matches for the city club, he scored 12 goals and gave nine assists. We thank Dzengis Cavusevic for his dedication and wish him all the best for the future." FZ Zurich, December 20th 2017
Worth a punt or have I spent too long trawling Free Agent lists?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He should feel at home in a green shirt at Argyle, but I would not be putting a lot of money on the likelihood of him wanting to upsticks from Switzerland for Plymouth.

Quintrell_Green":1h6pk5nk said:
He should feel at home in a green shirt at Argyle, but I would not be putting a lot of money on the likelihood of him wanting to upsticks from Switzerland for Plymouth.

Who needs the Swiss Alps when you have Dartmoor?

However inclined to agree. His past three clubs seem to be within a stones throw of each other. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Wil 1900 where he was scoring for fun (32 Goals in 64 appearances).

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Think we would need a "Swiss" Banker to afford him. :twisted: