(how about) John Akinde ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(how about) John Akinde ?

May 31, 2016
With Barnet struggling in league 2 ,what about an approach for this prolific goal scorer ?

I know its a league below us, but he does have an impressive record and would surely add something to our front line.

Any thoughts ?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Teams have been interested in Akinde every transfer window for at least the last 3 seasons but I think nobody is willing to pay whatever Barnet are asking for him.

May 3, 2017
I always wonder why Akinde is still at Barnet with his goal scoring record. He must be on a long contract and as you say pricing clubs out of the market. Surely he could do a good job for a league 1 side.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
maybe he likes it there and in league two? maybe he likes the idea of scoring loads in a lesser division?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
He'd be a fantastic buy. But as others have said, can't see us paying a fee for him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Maintaining his level it seems.

I fancied him for a couple of seasons but he hasn't done much over the last two years has he?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Lincoln. Wow thats a surprise. Would have loved him to come here.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":3ns5edp3 said:
OwenJones":3ns5edp3 said:
Gone to Lincoln!!

They must be rich if Argyle cannot afford him apparently, but do we really want him? I would say, 'no'

Lincoln get fantastic gates for League Two. Reuben Reid turning down Argyle for Exeter and then Forest Green was a bit more of a head scratcher, we couldn't afford him apparently.

With regards to Argyle we have our starting forward, a young target man to learn the trade, a forward with big goalscoring pedigree at a lower level and young Fletcher looking for more game time. I just don't see where a costly signing like Akinde would represent value for money, if he was on the pitch the others wouldn't be.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":plwukx0p said:
Quintrell_Green":plwukx0p said:
OwenJones":plwukx0p said:
Gone to Lincoln!!

They must be rich if Argyle cannot afford him apparently, but do we really want him? I would say, 'no'

Lincoln get fantastic gates for League Two. Reuben Reid turning down Argyle for Exeter and then Forest Green was a bit more of a head scratcher, we couldn't afford him apparently.

With regards to Argyle we have our starting forward, a young target man to learn the trade, a forward with big goalscoring pedigree at a lower level and young Fletcher looking for more game time. I just don't see where a costly signing like Akinde would represent value for money, if he was on the pitch the others wouldn't be.

With average gates of circa 8k, with the city population roughly two fifths of Plymouth, it is excellent support for the Club, especially as on a good day a football follower can get to both Sheffield and Scunny within an hour's driving,
I read on The Imps web-site that Akinde feels that Lincoln are moving in the right direction, and that motivated his move to them. I do agree that Argyle have no need of his services given the striking personnel currently signed up at Home Park.

Aug 3, 2017
I’m not sure that RR was that we couldn’t afford him. Like the Bradley situation I think it was the club offered what they saw his worth as and the player thought I can get better elsewhere.

That is the players prerogative but does not mean in every case that they have.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":1mz196k7 said:
OwenJones":1mz196k7 said:
Gone to Lincoln!!

It would appear that all the Clubs in League 1 with allegedly far larger budgets couldn’t afford him either or perhaps just didn’t want him for some reason(s).