DA linked to WBA vacancy | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

DA linked to WBA vacancy

Jul 12, 2016
Talk about the Herald blowing things out of proportion.Looking at the odds DA is not even in the top 20 candidates!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
33/1

Rank outsider

A

ArgyleAndy

Nothing more than clickbait.

Skybet love tweeting about us, wouldn't surprise me if one if their social guys is an Argyle fan.

A

ArgyleAndy

Yep - journalists also often contact the content team at a bookies and request for odds to be priced up so they can create a story out of it.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
pilgrimage":146lsasi said:
I can see him being offered Ipswich but not WBA.

I think the owner of Ipswich, Marcus Evans, is too canny an individual to plump for a new manager, who has no experience at Championship level in this country, or an equivalent level in an overseas professional league

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":oh04c7sz said:
pilgrimage":oh04c7sz said:

I think the owner of Ipswich, Marcus Evans, is too canny an individual to plump for a new manager, who has no experience at Championship level in this country, or an equivalent level in an overseas professional league

Adams has demonstrated enough talent in his managerial career to prove he belongs up there. Chairmen will know Adams is competing with Charlton, Peterborough, Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Portsmouth for playoff places and his budget is clearly inferior to those clubs. Nothing is more appealing when appointing a manager than a track record in delivering a finish well above the budget.

Having no experience in England didn't stop Adams getting the Argyle job, you have to get the platform somewhere. League One footballers, Championship footballers, what's the big difference that Adams isn't going to understand or handle? He can manage football clubs, he knows football, there's not really much more to it is there?

Oct 24, 2013
Knibbsworth":1hc545nx said:
Quintrell_Green":1hc545nx said:
pilgrimage":1hc545nx said:

Adams has demonstrated enough talent in his managerial career to prove he belongs up there. Chairmen will know Adams is competing with Charlton, Peterborough, Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Portsmouth for playoff places and his budget is clearly inferior to those clubs. Nothing is more appealing when appointing a manager than a track record in delivering a finish well above the budget.

Having no experience in England didn't stop Adams getting the Argyle job, you have to get the platform somewhere. League One footballers, Championship footballers, what's the big difference that Adams isn't going to understand or handle? He can manage football clubs, he knows football, there's not really much more to it is there?

Cue 4 pages of discussion about the budget...

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Whilst it's pure speculation it was interesting to note in yesterday's Racing Post when 5 betting experts were asked who would get the WBA job two suggested Adams as ideal for the role.