Jamal Lowe | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jamal Lowe

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
This is a player who really stood out in the game yesterday. Gave Saywer the run around.

Love him to play upfront with Carey and Ruben Lameiras.

What's your thoughts?

Mar 14, 2009
tonycrowuk":fjwxj17s said:
This is a player who really stood out in the game yesterday. Gave Saywer the run around.

What's your thoughts?

Said it before but we have an issue with pace.

Macey (Wigan), Taylor (Wimbledon), Harrison (Rovers), Fosu (Charlton) and Lowe (Portsmouth).

All have pace. Caused our midfield and Defence serious problems. We simply don’t have enough pace in the midfield or full back Postions to cope with them.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Yea have to agree with you there. He looked very dangerous and caused us quite a few problems. We need to address the pace Hence Taylor Sinclair coming on.

Plucked from non league not a bad find.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":3o0mjrth said:
tonycrowuk":3o0mjrth said:

What's your thoughts?

Said it before but we have an issue with pace.

Macey (Wigan), Taylor (Wimbledon), Harrison (Rovers), Fosu (Charlton) and Lowe (Portsmouth).

All have pace. Caused our midfield and Defence serious problems. We simply don’t have enough pace in the midfield or full back Postions to cope with them.

Which is why we need Sarcevic back, his closing down of midfielders and at times wide players was relentless and excellent.

Aug 15, 2015
Didn't think him or any Portsmouth players were anything special in all honesty.

Very ordinary side with two centre backs who lump the ball up 50 yards to Pitman or into the channels.

I'd take Gareth Evans over Makasi but Lowe wasn't that great in my view - made to look better by Sawyer's limitations.

Would you take him over Carey or Lamieras? Never in a million years.

Their centre backs however were dominant in the Sonny Bradley mould. Otherwise Evans is a reasonable player but after that I don't see one player who'd improve us.

Jul 12, 2016
Lowe ran us ragged and once again showed that the opposition know that Sawyer is our weak link. If Portsmouth didn't look anything special then it shows how average we are when Taylor is out. Unless he returns our play off hopes are wishful thinking.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Even before the 85th minute, he seemed the one player in their side who might just make something happen.

We didn't exactly create an abundance of clear cut chances ourselves, did we?

I got the distinct impression that, whilst a win would have been great, both sides showed the other a great deal of respect and were reasonably happy to avoid defeat and move on.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
For me, the notable thing about Jamal Lowe is that Portsmouth plucked him from non-league and that prior to that he had made just 8 appearances for Barnet in League 2 and 5 in the National League (Tier 5). His other 132 appearances had all been below Tier 5. This is interesting in light of the discussion on the 'Fletcher and Battle' thread. He only really started scoring goals in his last two pre-Portsmouth seasons while at Hampton and Richmond Borough in the Isthmian League Premier Division and the National League South (29 goals in 48 appearances). Since joining Portsmouth he has played 14 times in League 2 and 40 times in League 1 (4 and 6 goals respectively).

[Figures from wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Lowe - note that cup appearances are not included above]