Mackie | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mackie

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
A source in the know down at the Withdean is certain that Mackie was Brighton bound until QPR came in for him.

Redundant information and water under the bridge it certainly is, but this is the closest I have ever come to breaking a story on this board, so let me have my moment in the sun.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Golden Hind":23ju0ca7 said:
A source in the know down at the Withdean is certain that Mackie was Brighton bound until QPR came in for him.

Redundant information and water under the bridge it certainly is, but this is the closest I have ever come to breaking a story on this board, so let me have my moment in the sun.

Kanu anyone?

Dec 22, 2008
Doubt this very much as Brighton one couldn't affod his wages and don't have the spare five hundred thousand that QPR paid for him. From what I've been told, the money they paid for Barnes which was fraction of cost of which QPR paid for Mackie, is also being paid in instalements. No ay could they afford Mackie.

Oct 22, 2009
Basingstoke
oliviaforlife":1nm3cblv said:
Doubt this very much as Brighton one couldn't affod his wages and don't have the spare five hundred thousand that QPR paid for him. From what I've been told, the money they paid for Barnes which was fraction of cost of which QPR paid for Mackie, is also being paid in instalements. No ay could they afford Mackie.

With the amount Barnes was on here and what Brighton offered him, i think you will find they could afford Mackie. Barnes is on more than most of our squad now!!

A

Alderney Green

Brightons chairman is very wealthy, could easily match us.

Dec 22, 2008
Barnes is certain to be on more at Brighton than he was at Argyle, as he's one of their main men, whilst he was a fifth / sixth choice strikers at Argyle, basically a reserve team player whilst we were in the championship. As regards to being a wealthy chairmen, this means sod all, the chairmen of Northampton is in ten top wealthiest men in the country, doesn't necessary going to mean their going to splash the cash.

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
No thankyou , i would not like Kanu at Argyle .
When (hopefully anyway) Fallon goes the man i would like to replace him with is Jon Parkin not being played at Preston , Get him on a loan and see how it goes :) Anyone agree?

N

northcountryboy

oliviaforlife":2j8xo9gl said:
?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Not just a wages / cost type issue - but why would he choose League One after being a stand out player in a Championship side for 2 seasons?

There's a whole load of Championship clubs who would love to have Mackie. He may even be a Premier League player next season - age 25.

May 19, 2009
São Plympton
Brighton 'rumour' is/was true, they are fairly wealthy but shrewd, Poyet is on more money than Reid and Taricco is on now a player/coach wage which is par with some of our first team

A

Anonymous

Daiz":1sixhlva said:
Brighton 'rumour' is/was true, they are fairly wealthy but shrewd, Poyet is on more money than Reid and Taricco is on now a player/coach wage which is par with some of our first team

Taricco is just an assistant manager. He hasn't played since 2004.

R

Rupert

Hoover":21dcksd7 said:
Daiz":21dcksd7 said:

Taricco is just an assistant manager. He hasn't played since 2004.

He played for Brighton reserves last week and did well. Don't know how far the comeback is going, though.

A

Anonymous

oliviaforlife":23m2oklp said:
Barnes is certain to be on more at Brighton than he was at Argyle, as he's one of their main men, whilst he was a fifth / sixth choice strikers at Argyle, basically a reserve team player whilst we were in the championship. As regards to being a wealthy chairmen, this means sod all, the chairmen of Northampton is in ten top wealthiest men in the country, doesn't necessary going to mean their going to splash the cash.
Your talking absolute nonsense. I know what he is being paid and what other benefits he is getting. It is no where near what senior Argyle players are on. Not even close. No I'm not going to discuss other people's business.

May 26, 2006
South Devon
Dartmoors_Green":2p2kr5i0 said:
oliviaforlife":2p2kr5i0 said:
Your talking absolute nonsense. I know what he is being paid and what other benefits he is getting. It is no where near what senior Argyle players are on. Not even close. No I'm not going to discuss other people's business.

I think you need to read what he wrote again!!