Larrieu to Bristol Rovers. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Larrieu to Bristol Rovers.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
argyleiggy":jr4e2ar6 said:
read the comments underneath the piece, I thought it was the 'erald :)

They are all owner by Daily Mail so perhaps they syniate the comments, only adding lcal names for authenticity sake? :)

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
Why do you say a keeper when he is worse than , When Romain had a very good pre-season looked on good form ahead of the season.

Button hasnt looked amazing either to be honest , He's made a couple of good saves E.g Harte's free kick but i think it wasnt anything Romain couldnt handle.....

Mar 7, 2009
Tom The Green":6sjk7ezh said:
Why do you say a keeper when he is worse than , When Romain had a very good pre-season looked on good form ahead of the season.

Button hasnt looked amazing either to be honest , He's made a couple of good saves E.g Harte's free kick but i think it wasnt anything Romain couldnt handle.....

You gotta be joking. Larrieu, in his younger days, was a fantastic keeper.
He is still a fantastic shot stopper, one of the best. But his overall agility, distribution and handling has deteriorated drastically.

No offense to the big guy, he's been a fantastic servant to us, but I would have love to have seen Larrieu try and stop Harte's free kick and inturn would like to see Button try and stop the goal Notts County scored against us. That was soft, IMO.

G

Gareth Nicholson

I'm in no position to comment on Larrieu's ability versus Button (although I know that doesn't normally stop the collective Pasoti thought-puke), but I feel more connected to the team when he's playing. I couldn't pick Button out of a line-up if I was offered financial inducement, and I've seen him twice now. Thing is, he;s not going to be around next season, is he? Argyle to him is just regular first team football. I want a bit more than that. I'm not naive enough to expect every player to be a fan, but Larrieu, as long as he is still a decent keeper (and I think he probably is), means more to me than a loanee would.

But this is the way it's going, isn't it? Just a revolving door of loanees staying in rented flats for a year and then moving on. Pffft. I don't like it.

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
Gareth Nicholson said:
I'm in no position to comment on Larrieu's ability versus Button (although I know that doesn't normally stop the collective Pasoti thought-puke), but I feel more connected to the team when he's playing. I couldn't pick Button out of a line-up if I was offered financial inducement, and I've seen him twice now. Thing is, he;s not going to be around next season, is he? Argyle to him is just regular first team football. I want a bit more than that. I'm not naive enough to expect every player to be a fan, but Larrieu, as long as he is still a decent keeper (and I think he probably is), means more to me than a loanee would.

But this is the way it's going, isn't it? Just a revolving door of loanees staying in rented flats for a year and then moving on. Pffft. I don't like it.

Could not agree more with that post. :)
It's nice to win with your own players not loan players.

G

Gareth Nicholson

matteh.":35nlps5p said:
Gareth Nicholson":35nlps5p said:

Who says Larrieu will still be here next season as well?

I was casting Button as a 'here today, gone tomorrow' player, rather than someone who has a demonstrable connection with Argyle, however close he is to the end of his career.