Razak Omotoyossi | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Razak Omotoyossi

Aug 17, 2010
Plymouth
Argyle have supposedly offered a trial to the out of contract Benin striker, Razak Omotoyossi, who comes highly recommended by fellow international, Reda Johnson. The striker is already being chased by a number of clubs in England, including Derby County and Swindon Town. He has a fantastic record at international level, with a goal ratio almsot reaching a goal every other game.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Likes to see the world, 5 different countries he's played in, seems to have a few problems at each one was on trial with Blackpool what happened to that?

Blackpool

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Tavypilgrim":1xjyxc09 said:
Looks to be somewhat out of our league in my opinion.

But having Reda here already might make Plymouth a particularly attractive place to try to start a career in England for him.

Mar 19, 2004
Tom the thinly disguised Red wouldn't want potentially good players joining Argyle :)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
interesting article. One of the many stumbling blocks I can pick out would be:

"The French club are desperate to clear Omotoyossi's big wages off their books"

Sounds a bit to close to our situation. Ollie is working with a club imposed 10k a week wage cap and didn't sign him for some reason. Not necessarily wages (take your pick of supposed problems mentioned in the article)

sounds like an exciting player but the last thing our squad needs in my humble opinion

Wishful thinking IMO.

He's played Champions league football with Swedens top team, big dollar wages in the middle east and then a decent French team. He might want to come here but it's probably for the money and we couldn't afford him judging by his past record.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Taken from skysports.com.....

The Benin striker is currently a free agent after parting company with Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Nasr.

He was strongly linked with both West Brom and Stoke earlier this season, and is now hoping to finally win a move to England.

He will lead the line for Benin in their World Cup qualifier against Ghana in Kumasi next week, and reports suggest a host of scouts from the Premier League will be present.

"I am looking to impress those scouts coming to Kumasi to watch me play for Benin," he told skysports.com.

"I am a top-scorer alongside Samuel Eto'o in the World Cup qualifiers."

Omotoyossi had been linked with a move to the Premier League, with West Bromwich Albion rumoured to have shown an interest.

In January, Omotoyossi turned down a move to Groningen and was also linked with Derby, Reading and Portsmouth.
More recently, Real Mallorca were reportedly watching the African, along with Arminia Bielefeld.

The guy has obviously got loads of talent just
A) If Reda can convince him to come to Plymouth
B) If we can afford his wages
C) and most importantly PR wants him

With the way things are going cant be any worse than what we have....Can he?

worth a punt i reckon

G

Gareth Nicholson

Are we to assume that just because Reda comes from the same country as this guy that they're best buddies? I'm not sure it works like that.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Erm, so because someone who's got 2 posts to their name says we're taking him on trial, it's gospel and worthy of note? Just goes to show how quiet things are around HP at the moment if this nonsense deserves attention.

Forgive me, but I think this is absolute poppycock and not worthy of even a moment's consideration.