World Cup Bid - 2030 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

World Cup Bid - 2030

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Tbh if it's not for should be funded by Devon and Cornwall councils in conjunction with PAFC
Jobs and profile would benefit the area more than PAFC in my opjnion

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
There’s speculation that England are considering competing to host the 2030 World Cup. I know we’ve been burnt before under previous ownership but as we’ve better people at the helm, would we consider being a host city and having a big wad of cash to upgrade Home Park?

I certainly wouldn’t be against it if it was done properly this time..

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I was in favour then and I'd be in favour now. It was always a good idea, it was just hamstrung by incompetence and greed at Argyle, by the complacency of the England bid, and by FIFA's corruption. As JannerInCardiff says, now we have much more sensible owners I think we'd make a much better fist of it.

It still pees me off that England weren't awarded the 2018 World Cup. Just imagine if this group of players had had home advantage....

Ah well.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
There will be 48 teams at the 2030 WC.. when it was 32 teams at the last one in Russia there were 12 Venues.. and given that they will be more lesser known teams (16 more than before) I’d take a stab that we’d need at least 14/15 stadiums, some of which could be smaller. In Russia 2 of the 12 stadiums were 35,000 all seaters.. why couldn’t we build the same with the help of an FA Grant.

Just imagine the fanzone on the Hoe.. and the money it could make for Plymouth. Not to mention having a stadium for Devon/Cornwall to host music gigs and sports events. With the added capacity we could reduce ticket prices (like Bradford do)/ have free under 10’s (which would build our support)..

Build it and they will come!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m al for using Home Park but in its current condition albeit spruced up to look nice.

No crazy short term unsustainable expansion plans.