Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Surely this has been teased out long enough on the main board. Now its just providing opportunity for two people who didn't want Adams sacked to bang on about it.

Ludicrous that we are actually entertaining discussion on which players he should sign. Not our problem. Move on!

Feb 23, 2008
Best of luck to him, gutted it didn't work out for him here and he gave us some great memories but in the end the warning signs were there from the start and ultimately IMO were his downfall.

Until someone else comes along and does better than him then he is our most successful manager of the last 16/17 years? Didn't like the football sometimes and other times we were unplayable but he deserves credit for what he did and it's a shame it ended the way it did. I'm not sure the comment about Brent always being his chairman helped but......

I think he's taken the Morecambe job because he will most likely have some say in how other parts of the club are run like he did here, build an empire or project whichever way you want to look at it.

I'd take Tanner back here in a flash, really good player at this level, exciting to watch, would fit well in our system IMO and it's almost like he was one of ours anyway, over 80 appearances when on loan to me means he's well worth a shout again this time round.

Apr 1, 2009
Slightly bizarre. Tanner hasn't played a game for 20 months and has gone through multiple operations. Motherwell offered him a short term deal, but he declined though hasn't signed elsewhere. To me that raises big alarms over Craig's state of health, and I certainly wouldn't take him back "in a flash". We're also pretty well stocked with attacking midfielders.

I wasn't actually a huge Tanner fan, but hope he's playing again soon. Maybe Morecambe is the opportunity for him.

Feb 23, 2008
Why would it be bizarre.

I didn't know he'd been out for that long, we've taken players before that haven't played for a long time and they've worked out fine though.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Am I just imagining it or am I correct in noticing that HC Green never responds when someone points out that if Hallett had 'panicked' a couple of weeks earlier, Argyle would probably still be in L1?

May 8, 2011
Because then it wouldnā€™t have been a panicked reaction but a planned decision.
To change your mind about sacking a manager in less than 12 hours is a panic.

May 1, 2011
HC Green was quite open in his belief that relegation was a price worth paying if we could keep his hero at the club.

Derek Adams was not in anyway to blame for the farce of last season....apparently...

May 8, 2011
I have never said that and neither has Adams, in fact he with told me with the benefit of hindsight a few things that he would have done differently, starting back in July on his first day back.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Yes, I've just reviewed my teenage years and realised that I could/should be considerably richer than Richard Branson if I had done a few things differently! Sadly ... I didn't!! :lol: :lol:

Jul 12, 2016
HC Green":eow5312g said:
Bristol Rich":eow5312g said:
HC Green":eow5312g said:
Devongreenowl":eow5312g said:
Am I just imagining it or am I correct in noticing that HC Green never responds when someone points out that if Hallett had 'panicked' a couple of weeks earlier, Argyle would probably still be in L1?

Because then it wouldnā€™t have been a panicked reaction but a planned decision.

HC Green was quite open in his belief that relegation was a price worth paying if we could keep his hero at the club.

Derek Adams was not in anyway to blame for the farce of last season....apparently...

I have never said that and neither has Adams, in fact he with told me with the benefit of hindsight a few things that he would have done differently, starting back in July on his first day back.
Like resign!

May 1, 2011
HC Green":ucj1lvm1 said:
Bristol Rich":ucj1lvm1 said:
HC Green":ucj1lvm1 said:
Devongreenowl":ucj1lvm1 said:

Once again your contact with Adams provide us with critical inside information. Team in failed relegation battle all and the manager concedes he made a few mistakes, that's cutting edge.

You did say even if we were relegated you thought it was a mistake to sack Adams. You still bang that drum now.

May 8, 2011
Definitely a mistake to sack Adams, perhaps our Chairman should have followed the Bury example as they didnā€™t sack their manager when the team got relegated.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Totally different situations HC.

That was Loweā€™s first season as a manager. Last seasons was Adamsā€™ 4th just at Argyle. Lowe inherited a Bury side struggling & full of players he didnā€™t want, whereas Adams signed every player in last seasons team and the year before weā€™d finished 7th.

I was behind Adams for longer than most, pretty much up until the latter stages of last season, but it became clear that the situation was irreversible, as was the atmosphere, team morale, the fans-manager relationship, the media-manager relationship etc all seemed at an all time low, a change had to be made. Had a change not been made, not only would results have potentially continued to suffer, but ST sales would have suffered as well, the general mood around the club would have been a negative one going into a new season.

Simon Hallett did not panic, he made the right decision, and now weā€™ve got a good, young, ambitious manager we should ALL be getting behind, and the mood around the club feels upbeat.