Man City v Chelsea Final | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Man City v Chelsea Final

Dec 3, 2005
Well done to both teams to reach the Final.

Though I cannot believe that UEFA have confirmed that the Final will be played in Turkey - a Country in LOCKDOWN.

I find this ridiculous that they are telling these two Clubs to travel to Turkey and I am sure I heard on the TV that they would be alllowed to take 4,000 fans each to the game!

Obviously Turkey in lockdown because they have very high cases of this virus!

Common sense of UEFA non existant.

Sep 25, 2010
djg145":zgi5rfwk said:
Well done to both teams to reach the Final.

Though I cannot believe that UEFA have confirmed that the Final will be played in Turkey - a Country in LOCKDOWN.

I find this ridiculous that they are telling these two Clubs to travel to Turkey and I am sure I heard on the TV that they would be alllowed to take 4,000 fans each to the game!

Obviously Turkey in lockdown because they have very high cases of this virus!

Common sense of UEFA non existant.

Agreed, absolutely absurd.

So 8,000 fans have got to get on planes, pass thru airports, some may stay in hotels, just for the sake off going to Istanbul, for a match, and Istanbul in lockdown.

Play the game at Wembley as a test event, and give the venue for the final next year to Istanbul.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Surely foreign travel is not permitted yet?

Especially to high risk Countries like Turkey.

It's only a football match so either play it in this Country or play it behind closed doors.

Sep 25, 2010
Ponty":3egj4smz said:
Surely foreign travel is not permitted yet?

Especially to high risk Countries like Turkey.

It's only a football match so either play it in this Country or play it behind closed doors.

So, there is an announcement tomorrow, for which countries are in which traffic light colour.

Can’t see Turkey being in the green zone, therefore, all 8,000 fans will have to isolate on their return (can see that happening, can’t see 8,000 mostly men isolating for say up to 10 days), plus press etc.

Take up the offer, of Villa Park, for the decision by EUFA, to hold it in Turkey, in the middle of a pandemic is one of the craziest decisions I ever seen.

May 22, 2006
Grant Shapps just announced Turkey is now on the red list.

Surely this HAS to go to Villa Park. Istanbul made little sense before, but it's positively barmy now.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Ham Green":imevavr7 said:
Grant Shapps just announced Turkey is now on the red list.

Surely this HAS to go to Villa Park. Istanbul made little sense before, but it's positively barmy now.

They won't want to disappoint all those Turks with tickets for the rest of the stadium.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently, if UEFA allow the switch, it'll be at Villa Park or at Spurs.

Would be great to see a CL final in England with some fans.

Dec 3, 2005
IF uefa have a smiggin of common sense they will now allow this game to be played in England.

So it will probably be played in Istanbul

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Forgot to watch the game as I was weeding the back garden — thanks weeds! :lol:

Mar 14, 2009
Pep lost the plot tonight.

All season two CDM’s. Tonight he went with none.

If you look at Chelsea’s goal there was a huge space you could drive a bus through. City never protected their back four.

Good football doesn’t mean it’s tippy tappy. It can just be simple width and the art of getting a good ball in the box on a consistent basis. When city did do this they caused Chelsea some issues. It was too few and far between.

Everyone seems to think Pep’s way is the beautiful game. Tonight City made it easy for Chelsea as they try to go through the middle.

All of a sudden we are seeing teams try to play passing football through the leagues. Yet one of the best things about English football is the art of crossing and the delivery. It seems to be lost now in all this tippy tappy stuff. Beckham showed you don’t need pace to be a good player. You need consistency in your delivery.

Chelsea to me play in a counter attacking way. The same way as Manchester Utd do. That works most effectively if you play an aggressive team. It’s no surprise then that Man City poor recents come against the bigger teams who use their aggressive, pace players to open them up.

I admire the way Chelsea play tonight in the sense of their organisation. I admire City in the way they try to play a short, passing style. However, l think tonight should be a lesson to everyone that football has so many beautiful styles that we shouldn’t neglect some of them. I think too many times managers don’t focus enough set pieces and crossing from wide positions. If a team sits deep like Chelsea tonight you beat them from wider areas. At times Chelsea had a back 5 and 3 sitting in front of them. Tonight City played into Chelsea’s hands as they couldn’t mix it up.