Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The goalie didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. A goal and 2 penalty saves.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If the gulls 2 goals had not been disallowed would the game have panned out differently - i really feel for them it feels like they have been robbed due to the incompetence of the referee

No doubt Gary Johnson will brush himself off & be ready & raring to go again come the start of next season

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I was impressed with Torquay midfielder Armani Little, he was very tidy on the ball and used it well, similar to David Fox.

C

Cult Of Personality

Went to the game .

First of cracking Stadium Bristol City have . The sound travels all around the ground.

2nd Hartlepool fans were top class

3rd the actually game. Ref had a shocker for Torquay the 1st disallowed goal..why don't understand. The 2nd which was up my end I was behind the goal. The player beat the keeper to it and should have counted

Now the late goal was amazing. I was there as a kid when Jimmy Glass scored the goal against for Carlisle and it was so similar in feeling to that . Me and my dad who both jumped up down like loons with the Torquay support because it was so dramatic.

The penalties well Torquay had two massive chance's to put pressure on and fluff them . Hartlepool probably did not deserve it

On the way back down the motorway passing through Exeter. Some of there fans had gather on the bridge over the motorway with flags. Gave them a 1 fingered salute as we passed. Such a tinpot club and fans .

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Desperately disappointing, Torquay were robbed. The second disallowed goal was an absolute joke and once again evidence to suggest that from corners the keeper should just come out and bump into an opposition player as it will most likely result in a free kick against the opposition. It was a 50/50 which the Torquay player won fair and square.

Jun 27, 2019
jespafc":q641uw0o said:
Desperately disappointing, Torquay were robbed. The second disallowed goal was an absolute joke and once again evidence to suggest that from corners the keeper should just come out and bump into an opposition player as it will most likely result in a free kick against the opposition. It was a 50/50 which the Torquay player won fair and square.

If you thought the second disallowed goal was a joke then I'd love to hear your thoughts on the first - which I've watched several times and still don't have the foggiest clue why it wasn't given.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The Gulls goalie made a big mistake in my opinion trying to psych out the 'pool players - it wound them up and made them more determined. You could see that by the gestures they gave him after they scored.

Winds me up as well - unnecessary.

Dec 29, 2011
Have to say football finally came home for me yesterday after nearly 16 months.I went to the game yesterday and the atmosphere with only 6000 or so in the ground was superb.The Hartlepool fans were fantastic(marred slightly by some knuckleheads who thought it would be fun to throw bottles at some of the Torquay fans after the game and the normal goading on the pitch).Apparently they took over Bristol on Saturday evening..Ashton Gate certainly a good stadium for acoustics .
Torquay gave it everything but Hartlepool always played the more cultured football.Adam Randell showed some good touches ,but the way Torquay use him,he is not involved enough.His crossing seemed to be a step up from some of our miscreants last season.
Sad for Torquay but I have always had a soft spot for Hartlepool who are a proper football club

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
WoodsyGreen":1rhda8pm said:
jespafc":1rhda8pm said:

If you thought the second disallowed goal was a joke then I'd love to hear your thoughts on the first - which I've watched several times and still don't have the foggiest clue why it wasn't given.

Was very harsh also. Although, the only thing I can think of is that when the cameras showed the angle the ref had, you could see the Torquay player place two hands on the defender which was a little silly and gave the ref the opportunity to blow his whistle.