Next surprise team in premiership? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Next surprise team in premiership?

May 21, 2010
taunton
With surprise teams entering the premiership during the last few years, Burnley, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. Who will the next so called small team be to reach the big time ? Could it be us doing a Swansea sooner rather than later ?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Bristol having a Premiership club shouldn't really be a surprise but I suppose it would be due to the scrapes the two clubs seem to get themselves in.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":8fhftl2m said:
Bristol having a Premiership club shouldn't really be a surprise but I suppose it would be due to the scrapes the two clubs seem to get themselves in.
City spent a few years in the top flight during the 70's so it won't be something new to some of the older supporters. Mind you the Premier League is totally different to what the top flight was like 40 years ago.

Jun 4, 2016
Given the strength of the championship these days I would say the only possible surprise teams would be preston, Brentford Bristol city or burton. That actually speaks volumes about how hard it is to stay in the prem these days. Teams which by club size really should be up there include Forest villa leeds and Wednesday just at a glance to name a couple. The championship is chock full of fallen giants moreso these days than at any time before

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GM Vauxhall":auj9fm9k said:
You need investment to get there and this clown's not doing that in a hurry.

Speaking of clowns...

Apr 17, 2013
Probably not too much of a surprise but Derby are going to be close to getting there. Quality history and currently a quality manager.....

Jan 20, 2004
God no not Bristol City ! Growing up in the sixties and seventies City and Rovers were our main rivals more than the more local insignificant clubs.
It shows how low our stock has fallen that these days Exeter City are our bitter rivals. We'll be 'hating' Truro City next.
No if Bristol City ever make the Premiership it would be like being kicked in the knackers while lying in the gutter.

May 22, 2006
According to Sky tonight, Bristol City are the biggest club in England not to have played in the top flight. Strange because I seem to recall them being in the top league. Maybe Sky not aware that football existed before them. We were also told, twice, that Joe Bryan had never played for any other football club.

In truth, City played really well tonight and Joe Bryan was absolutely fantastic. The stadium also looked superb with two giant tv screens (capacity just 26k though). City really looked like a prem club tonight and must have a decent chance of going up. Amazing what £50,000,000 pumped into a club can achieve.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Steve Wooldridge":125enyrj said:
With surprise teams entering the premiership during the last few years, Burnley, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. Who will the next so called small team be to reach the big time ? Could it be us doing a Swansea sooner rather than later ?
Well I don't think it's gonna be us anytime soon :lol: .

The Championship is moving far away from league 1 in terms of quality and I think we are going to struggle, if we ever get there..