Mark Hughes | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mark Hughes

G

greengiant1886

That’s what happens when you lose the dressing room

Aug 3, 2017
i’ll be honest, i never understood how people like Mark Hughes and Roberto Martinez have passed from job to job.

Hughes did great at Blackburn considering the money he spent and went to Man City. The comparitive expectation considering what he spent at City, he didn’t do enough and I can see why he’s never had another top club.

He then couldn’t cut it at a few clubs before going to Stoke. A Pulis built defence. He added an attacking dimension and maintained the Pulis defence, he did good for Stoke. Then he makes gradual changes to the defence and they decline.

Martinez was the same at Everton. I’ll never understand how people with track records of going in and slowly erroding a clubs position, with a large capital expenditure, makes them coveted in another job.

Sep 25, 2010
greengiant1886":116tp7lh said:

Never understood that phrase, lost the dressing room, what does it mean ?..

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":26yxrzon said:
Martyn":26yxrzon said:
greengiant1886":26yxrzon said:

Never understood that phrase, lost the dressing room, what does it mean ?..
it means the players have no belief in him.

It is a commonly used phrase but, if you look closely, what really costs you your job is losing the games!!
Aren't we going to lose a couple of dressing rooms once the refurb starts? :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Think he needed a break and won’t be too gutted.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.

Decent manager and should give himself some decent time off to fully recharge

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Danny Murphy was on The Debate talking about losing the dressing room and said a few times in his career the players had decided not to play for the manager to get him sacked. Great behaviour by grown men getting paid an obscene amount of money!

Would Hughes get the Wales job?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Adam_R":16rpj7nf said:
Danny Murphy was on The Debate talking about losing the dressing room and said a few times in his career the players had decided not to play for the manager to get him sacked. Great behaviour by grown men getting paid an obscene amount of money!

Talking about not playing for the manager, didn't Leicester have something similar last season? The fact they went on that incredible run starting the game following Ranieri being sacked is more than just coincidence.

It's ridiculous when that happens but unfortunately the players are always worth more than the manager.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Willis88":36555u9v said:
Adam_R":36555u9v said:

Talking about not playing for the manager, didn't Leicester have something similar last season? The fact they went on that incredible run starting the game following Ranieri being sacked is more than just coincidence.

It's ridiculous when that happens but unfortunately the players are always worth more than the manager.

Yup correct and then there were subsequent reports the same thing happened to get rid of Shakespeare (his replacement) as well.