Rochdale | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rochdale

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
VAR in first half was a joke ,took forever and they still got decisions wrong . Players not happy standing around in sub zero conditions .
Yes it’s only on trial but surely it has to improve .

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
khennes_904":3r6xl5jn said:
VAR in first half was a joke ,took forever and they still got decisions wrong . Players not happy standing around in sub zero conditions .

I would be much more sympathetic if there was even the tiniest bit of communication with the fans. Not sure how it works in rugby, but at with the cricket it's completely transparent - you can see what's happening, you can hear the third umpire, and you can understand why decisions are reversed or upheld. I don't understand why football is so terrified of communication.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Brussels Bureaucrat":3ao5qip2 said:
khennes_904":3ao5qip2 said:

I would be much more sympathetic if there was even the tiniest bit of communication with the fans. Not sure how it works in rugby, but at with the cricket it's completely transparent - you can see what's happening, you can hear the third umpire, and you can understand why decisions are reversed or upheld. I don't understand why football is so terrified of communication.

Got to reference American Football where a flag thrown is followed by a discussion/review and then a full explanation on mike by the lead ref. :thumbs:

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Pogleswoody":26q6shds said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":26q6shds said:
khennes_904":26q6shds said:

Got to reference American Football where a flag thrown is followed by a discussion/review and then a full explanation on mike by the lead ref. :thumbs:

Perfect. I can't see why that wouldn't work in football.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The checking every goal is a major problem. Currently you can celebrate to your heart's content (the best part of the game) once the ball is in the back of the net and the ref has given it within a second.

Now there will always be a bit of your head that can only relax once the goal has been checked after about 90 seconds.

You cannot remove that aspect of the game, no matter how many more correct decisions are made.