Blues sack Cotterill | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blues sack Cotterill

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Martyn":3bmb26nz said:
Couldn't have happen to a 'nicer' bloke
totally agree.thing is,in a few weeks time he will get a deal at another club soon to coach the reserve team and then another desperate club will elevate him to manager. :sigh: short career in football?i don't think so!

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
cheshiregreen":1e42fddx said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43274344

Looking for 5th boss in 16 months. Should have kept Rowett.

Rowett must be laughing looking at whats happened there since he left.

Aug 3, 2017
There are some managers in football I just can never get my head around how they can still be in jobs / keep getting new ones. This guy is one of many for me. For various reasons these are people Iā€™d never employ:

John Still, Steve Evans, Jim Bentley, Andy Hessenthalar, Phil Parkinson, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Roy Hodgson. There are many others...

Iā€™d also only ever employ Steve Bruce on a basis that he never dealt with agreeing contracts.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Isondil":3pw3rbae said:
There are some managers in football I just can never get my head around how they can still be in jobs / keep getting new ones. This guy is one of many for me. For various reasons these are people Iā€™d never employ:

John Still, Steve Evans, Jim Bentley, Andy Hessenthalar, Phil Parkinson, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Roy Hodgson. There are many others...

Iā€™d also only ever employ Steve Bruce on a basis that he never dealt with agreeing contracts.
Jim Bentley? Really? The job he does on no money at Morecambe every year to keep them up (normally comfortably) is incredible.

Phil Parkinson's name being on that list surprises me too, but I'd generally agree with the rest.

Nov 18, 2011
Isondil":2a7az663 said:

John Still has been at two different clubs in the last 14 years! He's one of the most savvy non league managers around IMO and doesn't deserve to be on the list.

Aug 3, 2017
I know people will see different things and there is an argument for Bentley based on budgets excelling. Me, I feel that length of time and stability he has enjoyed he could have had one or two seasons of more (play-off contention). To show those credentials that a club with a bigger budget may want him.

I look at Still and wonder, other than a good spell at Luton what has he done? Poor at Peterborough and Barnet (both times). Now in his third spell at Dag & Red heā€™s managed to get them ticking over.

But thatā€™s just my views...

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Isondil":1t157haa said:
I know people will see different things and there is an argument for Bentley based on budgets excelling. Me, I feel that length of time and stability he has enjoyed he could have had one or two seasons of more (play-off contention). To show those credentials that a club with a bigger budget may want him.

I look at Still and wonder, other than a good spell at Luton what has he done? Poor at Peterborough and Barnet (both times). Now in his third spell at Dag & Red heā€™s managed to get them ticking over.

Russell Slade - often gets an initial response but rarely leaves a club better than he found it!

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Isondil":20su233x said:

Still not only managed to get D&R in to the league for the first time but also got them to League 1. He was always on to a loser as Dagenham have never had any money.