Wycombe or Exeter | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wycombe or Exeter

Feb 2, 2007
Tough one I know- who would you prefer as it now looks a two horse race for the last auto space?

Possible that Akinfenwa is injured though which would hurt Wycombe at this crucial stage.

Hope Coventry or Lincoln make it in play offs though.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Always look forward to a game against Exeter whereas I hate playing Wycombe. Unfortunately I think it will be Wycombe. Hopefully we can go up and it will be irrelevant!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It is like picking which form of torture you'd prefer.

That being said we hopefully will be a league up next season and won't be a worry.

If I had to choose, It'll be Exeter, at least they give us a game and don't play the dark arts of Wycombe.

Can never understand the dislike of Exeter. Their not in our league, literally and metaphorically, they weren't a traditional derby rival when I moved here in 1983, and having always viewed them as that little club up the road, like Torquay, then I wish them well. I go there a few times each season if they're playing interesting opposition, and would do the same if in league one whilst, admittedly, hoping the visitors won. Perhaps if I was born a Janners I might think differently.

Aug 5, 2016
mervyn":3hr3lrwx said:
Can never understand the dislike of Exeter. Their not in our league, literally and metaphorically, they weren't a traditional derby rival when I moved here in 1983, and having always viewed them as that little club up the road, like Torquay, then I wish them well. I go there a few times each season if they're playing interesting opposition, and would do the same if in league one whilst, admittedly, hoping the visitors won. Perhaps if I was born a Janners I might think differently.

They're a bag of poo from top to bottom, I hope they drop to the Conference South after making a mess of the playoffs.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1pcidfz8 said:
mervyn":1pcidfz8 said:

They're a bag of sh1te from top to bottom, I hope they drop to the Conference South after making a mess of the playoffs.
:iagree:

A

andyr1963

Excreta, a bit of local rivalry is always entertainment.
Wycombe MEH when they lose their "cheating, moaning, antagonising, time wasting" attitude then who will really give a monkeys about them.

Whilst I can't get worked up about Exeter, I agree about clubs led by the managers you hate. For me that's Ainsworth, Evans, Westley, and in the past John Beck and Joe Kinnear. All of a similar type. Anyone remember Kinnear's attempted wind-up, calling us in a newspaper article a 'little club'? Totally backfired when Luggy pinned it on the dressing room wall, and we beat them easily at HP I recall.

Feb 2, 2007
mervyn":3ncvc8zp said:
Whilst I can't get worked up about Exeter, I agree about clubs led by the managers you hate. For me that's Ainsworth, Evans, Westley, and in the past John Beck and Joe Kinnear. All of a similar type. Anyone remember Kinnear's attempted wind-up, calling us in a newspaper article a 'little club'? Totally backfired when Luggy pinned it on the dressing room wall, and we beat them easily at HP I recall.

Good list although I weirdly warmed to Ainsworth, especially after the 3-3 at Home Park. He’s a tosspot in many ways but I admire his attempts to work with a limited budget at Wycombe.

I would add David Kemp to that list.