£800m bid for Wembley | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

£800m bid for Wembley

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
The plan is obvious - buy the stadium as a pre-cursor to moving the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise to London as part of the NFL's global expansion program. Suits me fine. I've long since lost interest in the FA Cup and England games.

Sep 25, 2010
No, no no.

Tell the bloke to p??? Off, It is a football ground, not an American franchise ground

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Emeraldinho":2bg1zpxy said:
The plan is obvious - buy the stadium as a pre-cursor to moving the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise to London as part of the NFL's global expansion program. Suits me fine. I've long since lost interest in the FA Cup and England games.
The New White Hart Lane has been built so the football pitch retracts to reveal an artificial surface 2m lower so the fans can see over the masses of players on the touchline to see the game without changing the seating, whereas Wembley can't use the bottom rows of seating for NFL.

They didn't design that into the stadium without a nod and a wink from the NFL.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Sod it. Wembley is w##k. Forget the popcorn bowl, let the American play with his franchise until he gets bored and go and build a proper national stadium outside the Capital.

Sep 13, 2003
SwimWithTheTide":3sqojjf7 said:
Sod it. Wembley is w##k. Forget the popcorn bowl, let the American play with his franchise until he gets bored and go and build a proper national stadium outside the Capital.

What makes you think a new stadium would be better? After the issues and cost of building the new Wembley why would the FA bother again? I can't see how a new stadium in some wasteland 15 miles outside of Birmingham would be a solution.

Part of this deal included the FA keeping Club Wembley so FA Cup finals, playoffs, big England games will be staying in the capital. As long as the FA invest the money in the grass roots then seems like a good deal all round to me.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":2a0m9gd0 said:
I'm with you on that. And get Shahid Khan to pay for it.

A

andyr1963

Is there a benefit to the English FA in selling the iconic stadium? If so what is it?
Approaching £1,000,000,000 is a vast amount of money. Further investment in grassroots football? Or as the more cynical side of me suspects, much lining of pockets on a truly grand scale.