In a Parallel Universe..... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

In a Parallel Universe.....

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
ALLARDYCE HAILS ENGLAND’S 1-0 WIN OVER PANAMA

England manager Sam Allardyce praised the character of England’s 1-0 win over Panama after the “horror show” against Tunisia. Wayne Rooney held his nerve to slot home a late penalty to give England some hope of qualification for the knock-out rounds after surviving numerous scares from the spirited Panamanians who were reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes. Allardyce described rumours of dressing room bust-ups following the disastrous start to the campaign as “utter nonsense” saying “there’s no such thing as easy games in international football and the lads showed great character – being alive for the final group game is a fantastic achievement”.

(Sighs wistfully) – Ahhh…… I somehow miss the comfort of such old certainties in that other universe where England are poo in World Cups, the President of the USA is sane and Brexit never happened….. this seems such a scary, mad place by comparison.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The highlights so far are the reports and photos of the WAGS having a great time out on the town.

May 22, 2006
ENGLAND MANAGER IN WAR OF WORDS

Sam Allardyce made two changes to the England starting line-up and then launched a sensational attack on his next opponents.

The decision to rest both of the strikers that started against Panama (Peter Crouch and Andy Carroll) will come as a relief to the fans who were disappointed at the lacklustre 1-0 win. But Allardyce asserted that the tactics will not change for tonight's match.

"The win on Saturday was brilliant, I don't know what the fans are talking about" said Allardyce, but he reserved his harshest words for today's opposing manager.

Wales, who qualified thanks to a backs-to-the-wall 1-0 victory against Gibraltar, need a win to secure a last 16 spot after two goalless draws, and their manager, Tony Pulis, let rip on Allardyce's formation and tactics.

"The Panama game was a disgrace. You do not pass the ball along the ground where it might be intercepted. Six or seven times I saw England do that. And two up front is taking liberties. Maybe Allardyce doesn't really care. They've been extremely lucky so far."

Allardyce accused Pulis of "a huge exaggeration".

"I've watched the game again, there's one or two incidents of that. I don't know where he's got six or seven from. And those players got the bollocking of their lives, so if Mr Pulis thinks I don't care, he should ask them. He's a daft old man who plays irresponsible, gung-ho football and we'll take them to the cleaners tonight".

England are the marginal favourites to win the game with William Hill, with odds of 12/11 on a 1-0 win. Wales have drifted to 7/5 while a nil-nil draw has shortened to 1/50.