No Crowd Trouble? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No Crowd Trouble?

May 29, 2011
Bristol
In the lead up to this World Cup there was much scare mongering in the media about state sponsored Russian hooligans etc. Thankfully, however, this the first World Cup I can remember where we aren't watching hours of footage of drunken chair throwing and tear gas. Does this mean that it's been a remarkably peaceful World Cup or are we just not being shown the full reality of it?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s possible that Russia are keeping a lid on any trouble outside the grounds, but any trouble inside the grounds will be picked up on camera. It’s amazing that there has been no segregation inside the grounds and no trouble whatsoever.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Might well help that Russia are still in it which keeps the home fans happy and interested.

Plus not many European fans have gone and the various grounds are quite a way apart.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
To be honest I think it’s quite simple, the Russian police know what they’re doing whilst the French police at the Euro’s didn’t have a scooby.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":2mtgzdit said:
To be honest I think it’s quite simple, the Russian police know what they’re doing whilst the French police at the Euro’s didn’t have a scooby.

Nothing to do with 30,000 England fans in France right across the Channel then?

Sep 13, 2003
Absolutely no problems here at all and the police have kept a very low profile. There never was going to be any problems anyway!
Maybe people should not believe everything they read or watch on the BBC ! The one thing that has shocked me is how cheap it is for travellers here!

Sep 13, 2003
Cobi Budge":34ljg2vv said:

Totally agree with you Cobi. The policing was dire for that game. The CRS have a terrible reputation anyway and nothing I saw from them gave me any confidence that they knew what they were doing.

Who is the last person to want trouble during the WC. Mr putin of course.
He wants to promote HIS russia and HIS agenda worldwide.
Thats why the police and russian hooligans have kept a low profile.
A BBC report prior to the WC interviewed some of their hoolies during their end of season cup final.
They stated that they had recieved letters warning to not misbehave during their WC.
So the far righties are just doing as their told, as they always do, when their glorious leader speaks.
Funny how their authorities seem to have such good relations with their own far right football hoolies innit?
However, they did warn at the end that if any eng hooligan behaviour was to happen they would respond
accordingly. Likewise the police would do too no doubt.
As for the BBC making up stories of impending russian violence against england fans etc.
Marseille and the euroes? It did happen didnt it?
Their hoolies travelling all that way just to attack our fans? Well organised with it.
The vast majority attacked being non hoolie types. Brutally attacked in some cases too.
Then after our game against them, they went after our fans yet again. Nobody else. Just ours.
Again, non hoolie types, the ones they went after. Scary as hell watching it all unfold on tv.
So dead right our media/authorities should be warning of possible violence against eng fans.
As for the russian people in general there was never likely to be any trouble from them.
They are in the main happy and content with things over there. They love their country and putin taps into that.
He is a popular leader. He looks after his people thats for sure. Corruption may be rife but natural
resources are a plenty. Fortunately for him.
The corrupted russian media and state education are all onside with him and his agenda too.
But any trouble during the WC could help his opponents within russia and beyond so i doubt
we will see any. Even if there is somehow it will be painted as all the evil wests fault by
his worldwide media outlets as per usual.

Oct 24, 2010
They have been told to behave themselves and in Putin's Russia when you're told you stay told.

Sep 13, 2003
Fat_green_belly":1fipmw8w said:
A BBC report prior to the WC interviewed some of their hoolies during their end of season cup final.
They stated that they had recieved letters warning to not misbehave during their WC.
So the far righties are just doing as their told, as they always do, when their glorious leader speaks.
Funny how their authorities seem to have such good relations with their own far right football hoolies innit?
However, they did warn at the end that if any eng hooligan behaviour was to happen they would respond
As for the BBC making up stories of impending russian violence against england fans etc.
Their hoolies travelling all that way just to attack our fans? Well organised with it.
The vast majority attacked being non hoolie types. Brutally attacked in some cases too.
Then after our game against them, they went after our fans yet again. Nobody else. Just ours.
Again, non hoolie types, the ones they went after. Scary as hell watching it all unfold on tv.
So dead right our media/authorities should be warning of possible violence against eng fans.
As for the russian people in general there was never likely to be any trouble from them.
They are in the main happy and content with things over there. They love their country and putin taps into that.
He is a popular leader. He looks after his people thats for sure. Corruption may be rife but natural
The corrupted russian media and state education are all onside with him and his agenda too.
But any trouble during the WC could help his opponents within russia and beyond so i doubt
we will see any. Even if there is somehow it will be painted as all the evil wests fault by

Deary me. Have you ever been abroad before or even stopped living at home with your mum? Blimey. Get a life and stop digesting everything you read in the tabloids and the BBC. Once you are travelling you may notice the world isnt awful but a bloody amazing place with really friendly people. Download Skyscanner before its too late, it might change your life.

Sep 6, 2006
Clarke_B":3atmg7m2 said:
Fat_green_belly":3atmg7m2 said:

Deary me. Have you ever been abroad before or even stopped living at home with your mum? Blimey. Get a life and stop digesting everything you read in the tabloids and the BBC. Once you are travelling you may notice the world isnt awful but a bloody amazing place with really friendly people. Download Skyscanner before its too late, it might change your life.

He isn't suggesting anywhere people aren't friendly. And it wasn't just the tabloids.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Cobi Budge":b0hp2bg4 said:

IIR the Russki rozzers rounded up the worst of their ultras the week before the tournament started, with the rest being banned from being anywhere close to the stadiums for the games. On top of that was the statement that anyone arrested for hooliganism would get a 5 year jail sentence which seems to have had the desired effect and stopped our "crew" from risking travelling.

Sep 25, 2010
Clarke_B":11kz4ij6 said:
Fat_green_belly":11kz4ij6 said:

I think it is yourself, who needs to get out a bit more. And yes I have been abroad with England and other clubs in Europe, and I don’t live with my mum.

I have ‘our’ fans abroad and it is not a pretty site. I have also Ben attacked in Europe, (in Rotterdam), by Dutch Fans. Ended up in hospital.

It looks like the Russian authorities and put a lid of their ultra right fans,

The BBC had every right to broadcast potential trouble with Russians.

It also seems Putin is trying to showcase his Russia.

Clarke_B":3eqojbcq said:
Fat_green_belly":3eqojbcq said:

You really shouldnt make such massive assumptions about somebody you dont know.
I am 64 now and although you are right i did actually live with my mum and dad up to 2013.
It was as a full time carer for 10 years. Being part time before that.
Mum had long term cancer and dad was a double amputee(both legs above the knee). He also
developed full blown alzheimers in 2010. Both died in 2013. Mum died first at home as she wanted.
Massive tumour on her chest. Literally starved to death taking 4 and a half weeks using the
now defunct liverpool care pathway. No help from st lukes either surprisingly. Though they
didnt do home visits back then to be fair to them.
Dad died 6 months later with pnuemonia caused by his illness. He was by then just an empty
shell. I kept him at home as long as i could but in the end i had to put him in a home as i
just couldnt cope anymore. He died a few days later.
So i think i have lived a pretty full life already thank you very much.
As for travelling abroad i have been to cornwall a fair bit. :greensmile:
Spent 13 years working in and around london.
Drove 17 years for a living overall so travelled a fair few highways all over the uk.
Worked with and amongst, lots of nationalities including colombian. They love salsa from memory.
So look out for the sexy salsa dancing girls. They like to party thats for sure.
Went beering a few times in europe with workmates and pasalb whilst in london.
Went to blatters homeland as a schoolkid though a very long and ancient time ago.
Tbh i dont need to travel to find amazing places and really friendly people now as they are
right here on my doorstep. Other nationalities are right here with us too.
I love my city and my country. I also love our democracy and all the values that go with it.
Like free speech and a free press.
If you dont. Then fair enough, its your choice.
As for downloading skyscanner. Is that the new james bond movie?