England v Sweden | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

England v Sweden

Oct 31, 2015
Go on then as the big Plymuff derby has finished 4-2 lets start an England match post:)

Aug 5, 2016
Emeraldinho":2iifhi0k said:
So far zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Sterling. What's the point? Contributes naff-all. :facepalm:

When Rashford is sat there, it's completely bizarre. Sterling doesn't pass, terrible judgement, doesn't involve Kane or the midfield in whatever he's doing, just head down dribbling into traffic. He's had a few chances to put away in this tournament and fluffed them all, and England are getting by on set piece strength not through creative forward movement or anything Sterling is offering up there.

We really need to have a rethink there before we start hitting the quality sides, Rashford surely offers a lot more?

Now that was much more enjoyable apart from the first 20 mins where both teams looked really nervous.
We went up some gears that i wasnt too sure that we had tbh.
Key was maguires goal as the suedes had to come out more from their narrow defensive 442.
Credit southgate as well for keeping our players pressing high and pushing forward when ahead leading to
lots of lovely quick counters.
I dont like the standard 532 but a few more performances like this and it might eventually win me over.
Starting to get some other players raising their game too. Pickford was excellent. Both wingbacks had
loads of space today and they exploited it really well.
Sterling, ali, and lingard much more effective. Henderson was awesome covering the back 3.
Really impressive. :D
MONSTER game now on wednesday. Russia v eng anyone?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Well played.
I know Sterling is a target but I thought he played well, his pace and movement caused problems and he always showed for the ball.

Pickford was just sensational.

We look a proper team, no superstars and each player working hard for his team mate.

Please not ITV for Wednesday.

May 22, 2006
Said it after Colombia and I'll say it again - how bleddy good is Pickford??

I wonder if he played against us at Carlisle.

Nov 18, 2011
PL2 3DQ":22ypoj7g said:
Well played.
I know Sterling is a target but I thought he played well, his pace and movement caused problems and he always showed for the ball.

Pickford was just sensational.

We look a proper team, no superstars and each player working hard for his team mate.

Please not ITV for Wednesday.

Agree with your analysis of Sterling. He was good IMO and the Swedes couldn't handle his pace. He created a hell of a lot and made a lot of space for others.

No changes for me for Wednesday, happy with the line up as it is.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Also, we are guaranteed another two games.

Aug 5, 2016
'Sterling created a lot'?

Did he? Any examples because I missed any chances he developed. A few times he ignored teammates and went alone only to squander the chance/lose possession in typical fashion, but how that transmits to having a good game lord knows.

May 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1ntavccp said:
Also, we are guaranteed another two games.

Which is a good point. And something that really irks me.

WHY IS THERE A THIRD PLACE PLAY-OFF???!???!?? It's got to be the most cruel and pointless match in world football.

Also, we're two games from qualifying for the 2021 Confederations Cup, so there really is everything at stake.